DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Thought this might amuse... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/334533-ot-thought-might-amuse.html)

harry January 18th 12 08:14 AM

OT Thought this might amuse...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...Not_my_job.jpg

Oren[_2_] January 18th 12 08:38 AM

OT Thought this might amuse...

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 00:14:11 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...Not_my_job.jpg

Why?

This photo is many years old -- with additional wording added.

Now Mr. British Smarty Pants, it this a red haired armadillo? An
immigrant from Texas?

Larry Fishel January 18th 12 11:13 PM

OT Thought this might amuse...

Looks like a standard Mark I 'possum to me...

DerbyDad03 January 18th 12 11:26 PM

OT Thought this might amuse...

On Jan 18, 3:14*am, harry wrote:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...Not_my_job.jpg

How do we know that the critter didn't crawl under the stripes to try
and keep warm?

harry January 19th 12 09:09 AM

OT Thought this might amuse...

wrote:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...Not_my_job.jpg

Why?

This photo is many years old -- with additional wording added.

Now Mr. British Smarty Pants, it this a red haired armadillo? An
immigrant from Texas?

I thought it was red necks came fromTexas?

Randy333 January 20th 12 01:10 PM

OT Thought this might amuse...

wrote:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...Not_my_job.jpg

Got that beat, PennDot paved over a dead deer about 10 years back. Not
real blacktop, oil and chips. That's the sorry ass excuse for paving
they use here in PA.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Steve Barker[_6_] January 20th 12 03:24 PM

OT Thought this might amuse...

wrote:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...Not_my_job.jpg

Got that beat, PennDot paved over a dead deer about 10 years back. Not
real blacktop, oil and chips. That's the sorry ass excuse for paving
they use here in PA.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

chip and seal. very common all over the US as a pavement builder. They
do it over good asphalt also.

--
Steve Barker

DerbyDad03 January 20th 12 04:04 PM

OT Thought this might amuse...

wrote:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...Not_my_job.jpg

Got that beat, PennDot paved over a dead deer about 10 years back. Not
real blacktop, oil and chips. *That's the sorry ass excuse for paving
they use here in PA.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

chip and seal. *very common all over the US as a pavement builder. *They
do it over good asphalt also.

--
Steve Barker

I've seen better "chip and seal" overlays than some asphalt patches.

I'm in the middle of a heated discussion with my town Public Works
department over this very issue.

They hired some slug of a contractor to patch some sections of road
near my house and it's been a problem since day one. Potholes, edges
that plows rip up, etc.

They're not going to repave it, so I'm trying to get them to chip and
seal it to at least make it smooth.

Oren[_2_] January 21st 12 02:57 AM

OT Thought this might amuse...

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:04:41 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

They're not going to repave it, so I'm trying to get them to chip and
seal it to at least make it smooth.

Call it a shovel ready project?