Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.callahans

Default chemical sponge query

quite a while ago, I saved the advice of some of you [in a.c.]
to use chemical sponges to clean soot, etc. from walls.

having the need now to clean soot off a wall, I set forth
in quest of the same. several stores, large and small disclaimed
all knowledge of them

a netsearch provided me with a few trade names, e.g. Bane-Clene
Smoke Off for Fire Damage, Wall-Clene(TM), Smoke-Solv

recommendations would be welcome as would leads to retail
suppliers in Real Life (tm)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.callahans

On Nov 29, 3:03*pm, wrote:
quite a while ago, I saved the advice of some of you [in a.c.]
to use *chemical sponges to clean soot, etc. from walls.

having the need now to clean soot off a wall, I set forth
in *quest of the same. * several stores, large and small disclaimed
all knowledge of them

a netsearch provided me with a few trade names, e.g. Bane-Clene
Smoke Off for Fire Damage, Wall-Clene(TM), Smoke-Solv

recommendations would be welcome as would leads to retail
suppliers in Real Life (tm)

Just a thought...

Have you tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or one the generic store-brand
equivalents?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.callahans

In alt.callahans DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Nov 29, 3:03?pm, wrote:
quite a while ago, I saved the advice of some of you [in a.c.]
to use ?chemical sponges to clean soot, etc. from walls.

Have you tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or one the generic store-brand
equivalents?

I have, and they don't do a thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.callahans

On Nov 29, 3:03?pm, wrote:
quite a while ago, I saved the advice of some of you [in a.c.]
to use ?chemical sponges to clean soot, etc. from walls.

Have you tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or one the generic store-brand
equivalents?

I have, and they don't do a thing.

I have a similar problem, with a bad batch of LP gas coating my walls
and ceiling (and my cat, when I had one) with soot.

Simple Green does a passable job, but it is more work than I care to
do.

Out here in the boonies, cleaning folks are hard to come by.

Sponge extension? Steve[_16_] Home Ownership 2 March 23rd 09 01:48 PM
Sponge bath? Weatherlawyer UK diy 8 January 2nd 07 11:16 PM
Painting Stucco: Sponge? Elle Home Repair 2 October 19th 05 04:17 PM
Air Sponge Odor Absorber Blair UK diy 1 August 22nd 05 04:04 PM
How do I give a sponge bath to a bear Zikki Malambo UK diy 1 January 12th 05 03:51 PM