DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   brick with holes - filler (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/331063-brick-holes-filler.html)

dilbert firestorm October 28th 11 02:45 AM

brick with holes - filler

I have a bunch of extra bricks (actually leftover from the construction
of the house) that is used as a garden barrier.

what I want to know if there is something that I can fill the 3 holes of
each brick. I'd like to keep out the dirt, weeds and insects that fill
up some of the holes.

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Tony Hwang October 28th 11 03:54 AM

brick with holes - filler

dilbert firestorm wrote:
I have a bunch of extra bricks (actually leftover from the construction
of the house) that is used as a garden barrier.

what I want to know if there is something that I can fill the 3 holes of
each brick. I'd like to keep out the dirt, weeds and insects that fill
up some of the holes.

Hi,
If you lay the bricks down with holes vertical. I think you can use
patio block gap filling specially treated sand. They are treated and it
acts like epoxy, as well as week killer(choking them out).

HeyBub[_3_] October 28th 11 04:39 PM

brick with holes - filler

dilbert firestorm wrote:
I have a bunch of extra bricks (actually leftover from the
construction of the house) that is used as a garden barrier.

what I want to know if there is something that I can fill the 3 holes
of each brick. I'd like to keep out the dirt, weeds and insects that
fill up some of the holes.

Great Stuff?

Give the holes a squirt and, later, trim it off.

EXT October 29th 11 11:59 PM

brick with holes - filler

"HeyBub" wrote in message
dilbert firestorm wrote:
I have a bunch of extra bricks (actually leftover from the
construction of the house) that is used as a garden barrier.

what I want to know if there is something that I can fill the 3 holes
of each brick. I'd like to keep out the dirt, weeds and insects that
fill up some of the holes.

Great Stuff?

Give the holes a squirt and, later, trim it off.

Normally bricks are laid on their backs with their face facing up when
capping a wall, this way the holes are covered by the neighboring brick.

aemeijers October 30th 11 01:04 AM

brick with holes - filler

On 10/29/2011 6:59 PM, EXT wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
dilbert firestorm wrote:
I have a bunch of extra bricks (actually leftover from the
construction of the house) that is used as a garden barrier.

what I want to know if there is something that I can fill the 3 holes
of each brick. I'd like to keep out the dirt, weeds and insects that
fill up some of the holes.

Great Stuff?

Give the holes a squirt and, later, trim it off.

Normally bricks are laid on their backs with their face facing up when
capping a wall, this way the holes are covered by the neighboring brick.

That'd take a Whole Lotta Brick, for a border around a garden. I put
this in the 'life is too short' category- OP should splurge and go buy
some proper edging bricks for his garden. The money and time to fill all
those holes will be a lot more than he thinks. Wash and stack the extra
house brick in a corner of garage or basement or shed- never know when
it will come in handy to repair or alter a wall.

--
aem sends...