Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mitsubishi "Blinking Green Light"

Does anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi
Big Screen TV "Blinking Green Light" problem.
My son's girlfriend has a 52" Mitsubishi TV and
it stopped working except for the blinking green
light.

Thanks,

Dick
---
Richard D. Adams
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi
Big Screen TV "Blinking Green Light" problem.
My son's girlfriend has a 52" Mitsubishi TV and
it stopped working except for the blinking green
light.

According to the web, this is a common problem on Mitsubishi rear-projection
TVs and is referred to as "The Blinking Green Light of Death." There are two
processors in the set and the light blinks for about a minute during power
on as they attempt to communicate. If the light KEEPS blinking, it means the
two processors cannot communicate properly.

If your hand fits a soldering iron, and you have access to about $7.00 worth
of capacitors, you can fix it yourself. Else be prepared to pay upwards of
$750 for the circuit board and installation.

See
http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-pro...descreens.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:12:36 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

According to the web, this is a common problem on Mitsubishi rear-projection
TVs and is referred to as "The Blinking Green Light of Death." There are two
processors in the set and the light blinks for about a minute during power
on as they attempt to communicate. If the light KEEPS blinking, it means the
two processors cannot communicate properly.

If your hand fits a soldering iron, and you have access to about $7.00 worth
of capacitors, you can fix it yourself. Else be prepared to pay upwards of
$750 for the circuit board and installation.

See
http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-pro...descreens.html

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a flat screen just as big for
about the same cost as repairs. I've been seeing a lot of projection
TV's at the curb these days. Too expensive to fix and a mediocre
picture at best.
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

wrote:

According to the web, this is a common problem on Mitsubishi rear-projection
TVs and is referred to as "The Blinking Green Light of Death." There are two
processors in the set and the light blinks for about a minute during power
on as they attempt to communicate. If the light KEEPS blinking, it means the
two processors cannot communicate properly.

If your hand fits a soldering iron, and you have access to about $7.00 worth
of capacitors, you can fix it yourself. Else be prepared to pay upwards of
$750 for the circuit board and installation.

See
http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-pro...descreens.html

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a flat screen just as big for
about the same cost as repairs. I've been seeing a lot of projection
TV's at the curb these days. Too expensive to fix and a mediocre
picture at best.

You can buy a flat screen for $7 worth of capacitors?

Failing electrolytic capacitors has become a common occurrence in
consumer electronics. A lot of wall warts fail because of this,
especially those in 2Wire power supplies. I've had two fail already.
There's a guy in ba.internet who cracks them open and replaces the bad
caps, but I prefer to just buy a better supply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

HI,
They are couple bucks each new. On eBay I got a Garmin GPS wall charger
for 1.99 including shipping from H.K.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:

Does anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi
Big Screen TV "Blinking Green Light" problem.
My son's girlfriend has a 52" Mitsubishi TV and
it stopped working except for the blinking green
light.

Put a piece of electrical tape over the light, problem solved!

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Has your house been visited by space aliens with bowls of
popcorn, in the last week or two? They may be saboteurs from
Mars.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi
Big Screen TV "Blinking Green Light" problem.
My son's girlfriend has a 52" Mitsubishi TV and
it stopped working except for the blinking green
light.

Thanks,

Dick
---
Richard D. Adams

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's a conspiracy by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Now, you
have the "all Black, all the time" channel.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus