DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is this flap called? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/329811-what-flap-called.html)

Sam Takoy[_2_] October 7th 11 08:15 PM

What is this flap called?

Hi,

I once saw this nice device for closing the gap between two inset
cabinet doors.

http://freeboundaries.com/Flap.jpg

It closes when the left door is shut and thereby closes the gap. The
advantage over a fixed gap-closer is that the left door can be opened
without opening the right.

Question: what is called and where can I buy the hardware?

Many thanks in advance!

Sam

HeyBub[_3_] October 7th 11 10:24 PM

What is this flap called?

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I once saw this nice device for closing the gap between two inset
cabinet doors.

http://freeboundaries.com/Flap.jpg

It closes when the left door is shut and thereby closes the gap. The
advantage over a fixed gap-closer is that the left door can be opened
without opening the right.

Question: what is called and where can I buy the hardware?

Isn't it just a hinge?

Oren[_2_] October 7th 11 10:30 PM

What is this flap called?

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 12:15:16 -0700 (PDT), Sam Takoy
wrote:

Hi,

I once saw this nice device for closing the gap between two inset
cabinet doors.

http://freeboundaries.com/Flap.jpg

It closes when the left door is shut and thereby closes the gap. The
advantage over a fixed gap-closer is that the left door can be opened
without opening the right.

Question: what is called and where can I buy the hardware?

Many thanks in advance!

Sam

If you don't get an answer, try the _rec.woodworking_ group.

Dave M.[_2_] October 7th 11 11:37 PM

What is this flap called?

Sam,

I think it's an astragal. Looks like the hinges have springs.

Dave M