DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Making a portable Air Conditioner sleeve (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/328830-making-portable-air-conditioner-sleeve.html)

Ziggs September 21st 11 04:43 AM

Making a portable Air Conditioner sleeve

I have a portable Air Conditioner that my landlord left me.
Unfortunately, the previous renter left with the exhaust sleeve. Since
I can't get one from the maker, what material should I use to make a
sleeve for a window and also for a sliding glass door?

The cheapest material is the best option for me.

DD_BobK September 21st 11 06:23 AM

On Sep 20, 8:43*pm, Ziggs wrote:
I have a portable Air Conditioner that my landlord left me.
Unfortunately, the previous renter left with the exhaust sleeve. Since
I can't get one from the maker, what material should I use to make a
sleeve for a window and also for a sliding glass door?

The cheapest material is the best option for me.

Not sure what you mean by "sleeve" but cheapest material would be
cardboard.

cheers
Bob

HeyBub[_3_] September 21st 11 01:13 PM

Ziggs wrote:
I have a portable Air Conditioner that my landlord left me.
Unfortunately, the previous renter left with the exhaust sleeve. Since
I can't get one from the maker, what material should I use to make a
sleeve for a window and also for a sliding glass door?

The cheapest material is the best option for me.

Might try a flexible dryer exhaust connector. They're up to six feet long,
flexible, and fit a standard exhaust vent. How to attach it to the A/C is
left as an exercise for the reader.

Stormin Mormon September 21st 11 04:07 PM

Making a portable Air Conditioner sleeve

Cardboard, duct tape.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ed Pawlowski[_2_] September 22nd 11 12:22 AM

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Ziggs wrote:
I have a portable Air Conditioner that my landlord left me.
Unfortunately, the previous renter left with the exhaust sleeve. Since
I can't get one from the maker, what material should I use to make a
sleeve for a window and also for a sliding glass door?

The cheapest material is the best option for me.

Might try a flexible dryer exhaust connector. They're up to six feet long,
flexible, and fit a standard exhaust vent. How to attach it to the A/C is
left as an exercise for the reader.

The only one I ever saw was larger, maybe 6" instead of the typical dryer
vent of 4". That stiff is still readily available though, from any
industrial supplier. Try
http://www.mcmaster.com/#flexible-duct-hose/=e5x72w

Colbyt September 22nd 11 11:32 PM

"Ziggs" wrote in message
I have a portable Air Conditioner that my landlord left me.
Unfortunately, the previous renter left with the exhaust sleeve. Since
I can't get one from the maker, what material should I use to make a
sleeve for a window and also for a sliding glass door?

The cheapest material is the best option for me.

If I understand the part you need, an insulated flex duct would be the best
choice. I imagine they are sold in 4,6,8" sizes.

Plywood or lexan for the window. The storm door does not sound smart for
security and fire evacuation reason.

--
Colbyt