DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lowes selling solar collectors (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/328211-re-lowes-selling-solar-collectors.html)

John Grabowski September 7th 11 11:37 AM

Lowes selling solar collectors

Akeena Solar is selling a plug in grid tie solar collector aimed at do
it yourselfers.
Just plug them in any 120f receptacle and aim them at the sun.

*I think that they are currently only available on the Lowes web site.
Akeeno Solar went public under the licensed name of Westinghouse Solar
(WEST) and supposedly has been able to lower the cost and made it easy for
the DIYer to install. The last time that I looked on the Westinghouse web
site there was not a lot of specific information about their products.

What is a 120f receptacle?

jamesgangnc[_3_] September 7th 11 01:32 PM

On Sep 7, 6:37*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
Akeena Solar is selling a plug in grid tie solar collector aimed at do
it yourselfers.
Just plug them in any 120f receptacle and aim them at the sun.

*I think that they are currently only available on the Lowes web site.
Akeeno Solar went public under the licensed name of Westinghouse Solar
(WEST) and supposedly has been able to lower the cost and made it easy for
the DIYer to install. *The last time that I looked on the Westinghouse web
site there was not a lot of specific information about their products.

What is a 120f receptacle?

It's similar to a 120v recepticle but uses folts instead of volts.
Folts are greener.

Jules Richardson September 7th 11 02:28 PM

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 05:32:33 -0700, jamesgangnc wrote:
What is a 120f receptacle?

It's similar to a 120v recepticle but uses folts instead of volts. Folts
are greener.

aka "friendly volts".

[email protected][_2_] September 7th 11 02:33 PM

Lowes selling solar collectors

On Sep 7, 9:28*am, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 05:32:33 -0700, jamesgangnc wrote:
What is a 120f receptacle?

It's similar to a 120v recepticle but uses folts instead of volts. Folts
are greener.

aka "friendly volts".

Anyone find out the pricing on this? I could
not find it on Lowes website.

John Grabowski September 7th 11 11:16 PM

Lowes selling solar collectors

What is a 120f receptacle?

It's similar to a 120v recepticle but uses folts instead of volts. Folts
are greener.

aka "friendly volts".

Anyone find out the pricing on this? I could
not find it on Lowes website.

*Costco has complete systems as well as individual panels. Here's one for
$12,499.99:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1