DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HF single speed -or- variable speed multi-tool? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/328060-re-hf-single-speed-variable-speed-multi-tool.html)

Colbyt September 3rd 11 11:15 PM

HF single speed -or- variable speed multi-tool?

"kansascats" wrote in message
Any thoughts on which to buy?

I got the single speed - 20K oscillations -- last week for $20 and
added $20 in accessories.

This week, the variable speed version is $40 with about those same $20
in accessories, so the price is a wash.

The single speed one is pretty decent IMO. Old reviews talk about
it's "boxy" feel, but it's been redesigned and now is 20,000
oscillations vs 10K, so does a decent job. For $20, hard to beat.
But now with the variable speed one coming in at basically the same
price with the extra accessories, should I swap them out?

Unless it has changed the multi is really only two speed, not a true multi,
IMO.

I have no plans to upgrade.

--
Colbyt