Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stove Burner Ignitors DCS/Bosch

I have a DCS stove that uses electronic ignitors for its top burners.
I wanted to replace a a rusted out mounting clip for an ignitor but
found that DCS wanted $32 for a bag of ten. Looking around I found
what appeared to be the same mounting clip for about a dollar a piece
but listed as a Bosch OEM part. Looking further, the Bosch ignitor
looked the same as my DCS part - it's dimensionally the same, the
mount to the burner base is the same, the connector is the same. It
also sells for about $8 versus $24. The part can be seen at:

http://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=16933

I tried to get some specs on its electrical properties to see if it
was compatible with DCS ignitors but couldn't find any. Anyone have
any information on finding these specs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edge" wrote in message
I have a DCS stove that uses electronic ignitors for its top burners.
I wanted to replace a a rusted out mounting clip for an ignitor but
found that DCS wanted $32 for a bag of ten. Looking around I found
what appeared to be the same mounting clip for about a dollar a piece
but listed as a Bosch OEM part. Looking further, the Bosch ignitor
looked the same as my DCS part - it's dimensionally the same, the
mount to the burner base is the same, the connector is the same. It
also sells for about $8 versus $24. The part can be seen at:

http://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=16933

I tried to get some specs on its electrical properties to see if it
was compatible with DCS ignitors but couldn't find any. Anyone have
any information on finding these specs?

I think you'll find it hard to find electrical specs on a part like that.
I've had success in cross referencing parts by going to a few parts websites
like Sears, putting in the existing aplliance, identifying the part and
seeing what comes back as a part number. Then take that part number and
just put it into Google as "ignitor 123456". Often that will return hits
that show it available at lower prices or produce hits that show it being
cross referenced to another part with a different part number/manufacturer
that is cheaper.

Stove burner help Tony T Home Repair 5 July 16th 09 09:07 PM
Stove burner help Tony T Home Ownership 5 July 16th 09 09:07 PM
Stove Top Burner Replacement? TrailRun Home Repair 2 August 19th 07 08:25 PM
Gas stove needs 1 larger burner [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 13th 07 04:26 AM
Tell me about gas stove ignitors Al Dykes Home Repair 9 April 8th 05 03:57 AM