Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT AA+

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
harryagain wrote:

I see you have been downgraded into a "bit dodgy" as debtors.

Better than having riots burning down the streets.

===============
LONDON (AP) - New unrest erupted on north London's streets late Sunday,
a day after rioting and looting in a deprived area amid community anger
over a fatal police shooting.

Police deployed extra officers on London's streets to prevent a repeat
of Saturday's violence in north London's Tottenham area, which appeared
to be quiet Sunday night.

But disturbances broke out in Enfield, about 5 miles (8 kilometers)
north of Tottenham. TV footage showed riot and mounted police patrolling
the streets, and there were also images of smashed shop windows, and
police with dogs detaining at least one man.

A peaceful protest against the killing of a 29-year-old man in Tottenham
degenerated into a Saturday night rampage, with rioters torching a
double-decker bus, destroying patrol cars and trashing a shopping mall
in the nearby Wood Green district.

But I'm in Canada, where we have neither bad debt nor uncontrolled
self-destruction as in the above UK story.

Speaking of the UK, when will the 2006 movie "V for Vendetta" become
reality? I think it's a facinating look at the future of life and
society of the UK.

Don't base your opinions on cinema. You will end up like the Yanks.