DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   backbuttering tile: best methods (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/327005-backbuttering-tile-best-methods.html)

Uno August 4th 11 10:05 AM

backbuttering tile: best methods

What are the best methods for backbuttering?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QaP-mUJ9Qo
--
Uno

Oren[_2_] August 4th 11 09:13 PM

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 02:05:46 -0700, Uno wrote:

What are the best methods for backbuttering?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QaP-mUJ9Qo

Not the one used in that dumb video.

A guy from Tennessee once said, "butter my ass and call me a biscuit".

Oren[_2_] August 5th 11 07:09 PM

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 11:39:15 -0700, Uno wrote:

On 8/4/2011 1:13 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 02:05:46 -0700, wrote:

What are the best methods for backbuttering?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QaP-mUJ9Qo

Not the one used in that dumb video.

but you can't characterize what would be better?

Is this floor tile or on a wall?

http://www.johnbridge.com/

http://www.homeadditionplus.com/tile-stone-info/Back_Buttering_Tiles.htm

--
"All women should know. Men are just like floor tile. Layed well the
first time they will stay in place forever."

Uno August 5th 11 07:39 PM

On 8/4/2011 1:13 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 02:05:46 -0700, wrote:

What are the best methods for backbuttering?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QaP-mUJ9Qo

Not the one used in that dumb video.

but you can't characterize what would be better?

A guy from Tennessee once said, "butter my ass and call me a biscuit".

A girl from abq told me that last night, and I was only too happy to do so.
--
Uno

Uno August 8th 11 11:02 PM

On 8/5/2011 11:09 AM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 11:39:15 -0700, wrote:

On 8/4/2011 1:13 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 02:05:46 -0700, wrote:

What are the best methods for backbuttering?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QaP-mUJ9Qo

Not the one used in that dumb video.

but you can't characterize what would be better?

Is this floor tile or on a wall?

http://www.johnbridge.com/

http://www.homeadditionplus.com/tile-stone-info/Back_Buttering_Tiles.htm

Thx, Oren, both good resources. I know my little films are goofy as all
get out. The Tim Tilewell thing is an homage to Timothy Treadwell, who
documented what he was passionate for until that thing ate him: he was
into grizzlies not tile.

I'm able to show my client that not only am I completing her bathroom
tile, but I'm keeping her dogs safe as well. I only have it in me to
make one video for all purposes.

I've got almost all the tile laid and grouted now. I'll be caulking the
edges like rico recommended. Cheers,
--
Uno

Oren[_2_] August 9th 11 02:15 AM

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:02:31 -0700, Uno wrote:

I've got almost all the tile laid and grouted now. I'll be caulking the
edges like rico recommended. Cheers,

I read the numerous comments from Rico. He was dead-nut-on. If I knew
years ago about new methods for showers I would use the modern ones.

Not on the drywall with tile.

Good luck.

p.s. - set your computer clock.