DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gray water leachfield (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/326564-gray-water-leachfield.html)

Steve B[_10_] July 27th 11 03:41 AM

Gray water leachfield

I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Oren[_2_] July 27th 11 05:43 AM

Gray water leachfield

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:41:32 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? Advice? Suggestions?

No, yes and sure.

Plant some citrus trees along the drain field.

Put a delimiter in your sig file...

dash, dash, space and a return (enter key) -- then the sig file after
that.

Lemon, lime, and tangerines will do well along the gray water field.

Same for oranges.

Steve B[_10_] July 27th 11 06:18 AM

Gray water leachfield

"Oren" wrote

Put a delimiter in your sig file...

dash, dash, space and a return (enter key) -- then the sig file after
that.

What is that for?

Like

--

Those dashes?

Steve

Oren[_2_] July 27th 11 06:32 AM

Gray water leachfield

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:18:45 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote

Put a delimiter in your sig file...

dash, dash, space and a return (enter key) -- then the sig file after
that.

What is that for?

Like

Yes! Exactly. See how the sig file truncated...

No need for repetitive postings -- when the delimiter is missing and
people repeat the sig file.

We already know.. on the first read. Without a delimiter people repeat
the same thing over and over. Not necessary IMO. We know you already.

--
Now we know why some animals eat their own children.

Steve B[_10_] July 27th 11 06:39 AM

Gray water leachfield

"Oren" wrote Put a delimiter in your sig file...

dash, dash, space and a return (enter key) -- then the sig file after
that.

What is that for?

Like

Yes! Exactly. See how the sig file truncated...

No need for repetitive postings -- when the delimiter is missing and
people repeat the sig file.

We already know.. on the first read. Without a delimiter people repeat
the same thing over and over. Not necessary IMO. We know you already.

I'm just going to trust you on this. Please let me know what you see, and
if it is done right and working properly. I think I get it, but I have made
that mistake before. Thanks for the help.

Now, any help on the greywater question?

Steve

--

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide
Now on facebook, too.

Oren[_2_] July 27th 11 07:04 AM

Gray water leachfield

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:39:45 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote Put a delimiter in your sig file...

dash, dash, space and a return (enter key) -- then the sig file after
that.

What is that for?

Like

Yes! Exactly. See how the sig file truncated...

No need for repetitive postings -- when the delimiter is missing and
people repeat the sig file.

We already know.. on the first read. Without a delimiter people repeat
the same thing over and over. Not necessary IMO. We know you already.

I'm just going to trust you on this. Please let me know what you see, and
if it is done right and working properly. I think I get it, but I have made
that mistake before. Thanks for the help.

Perfect.

Now, any help on the greywater question?

Steve

I know you will do what you want, given the rural area.

My opinion is to not worry about such a trivial drain. I can be
wrong,

--
I like you. People say I've got no taste, but I like you.

harry July 27th 11 08:11 AM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 3:41*am, "Steve B" wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money.

HeyBub[_3_] July 27th 11 12:26 PM

Gray water leachfield

harry wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve B" wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. I want to
drain grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic
matter) into a leachfield. There will be no septic tank because
there will be no solids. I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I
can put one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money.

The earth will heal itself, meanwhile the saved money could go to help find
a cure for cancer, promote world peace, or subsidize the cowboy poetry
contest.

N8N July 27th 11 12:44 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 3:11*am, harry wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:41*am, "Steve B" wrote:

I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money

WTF, plants love grey water. putting it into the topsoil is the best
thing that you could do. better there than into the bay where it can
cause problems.

nate

Steve B[_10_] July 27th 11 01:06 PM

Gray water leachfield

"N8N" wrote in message
On Jul 27, 3:11 am, harry wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

Actually, I was going to run it to my medical marijuana plants. Strictly
for medical, you understand....................

Steve

[email protected][_2_] July 27th 11 01:17 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 3:11*am, harry wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:41*am, "Steve B" wrote:

I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money.- Hide quoted text -

What total nonsense. It would not be poisoning the earth
anymore than a similar leach field from the millions of
homes with septic systems. As for graywater, in some
areas it's actually OK and encouraged to capture and use
for lawn watering and similar.

harry July 27th 11 06:49 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve *wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money.

like BP?- Hide quoted text -

BP cleaned up . Unlike Chevron.
http://theamazonpost.com/tag/oil-spills

Or the Torrey Canyon.

F***g Yanks again.

harry July 27th 11 06:51 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 1:17*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:11*am, harry wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:41*am, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

for lawn watering and similar.- Hide quoted text -

Septic tanks break down many harmful chemicals. Just chucking it into
the soil is irresponsible and may pollute neighbour's wells or nearby
rivers.

Bob F July 27th 11 07:09 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve wrote:
[...]

BP used emulsifiers to spread their pollutants around the world. Not exactly
what you'd call good citizens.

Bob F July 27th 11 07:11 PM

Gray water leachfield

Steve B wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. I want to
drain grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic
matter) into a leachfield. There will be no septic tank because
there will be no solids. I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can
put one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? Advice? Suggestions?

I wouldn't worry about it. There's not much used in brewing that wouldn't be OK
for watering your plants, AFAIK.

Steve B[_10_] July 27th 11 08:09 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve wrote:
[...]

Life is not fair. What else is new? No go take your pills and change the
tinfoil in your hat to the aluminum variety.

Steve

Bob F July 27th 11 08:53 PM

Gray water leachfield

Steve B wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve wrote:
[...]

No foil had required. This is well documented.

Evan[_3_] July 27th 11 09:15 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 26, 10:41*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Where are you located ?

Do your state regulations consider grey water to be sewage ?

Your county permitting process for installing a septic system
would have to be followed, every state regulates this sort of
thing...

It sounds as if you need to look into the state laws on this to
see if grey water is considered sewage and would have to have
the full gamut of pre-install permitting and soil perc testing
before you can start digging...

It also sounds to me like you want to carefully consider where
you locate this grey water discharge system as if it is too close
to your septic system discharging all of the soaps, sanitizers and
the like can affect your black water septic system as those sorts
of chemicals tend to kill the bacteria in the septic system which
process the waste...

I have not done this before but have observed the process through
attending hearings where septic system designs were considered
and approved after hearing the reports from the perc testing and
the hydrologist's report on the conditions of the water table and
aquifer in the area...

Advice: Seek out an expert in the design and permitting in
septic systems in your state -- you might be an early adopter
of a grey water system... In no case should you be digging
trenches and putting a system in by yourself without a permit...
YOU may know what that drain should be used for but will
future owners or users of your property know that your homemade
and un-permitted grey water system doen't have a septic tank
and therefore shouldn't have certain things drained into it ?

Suggestion: Same as advice only with the addition that you
should seek out environmental type water conservationists
in your area and see what advice they have, what licensed experts
they recommend you get design advice/assistance from and
perhaps they might know of how to apply for special permitting...

Good Luck...

~~ Evan

JIMMIE July 28th 11 03:59 AM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 26, 10:41*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Check county codes for installing a dry well.

JImmie

Oren[_2_] July 28th 11 04:33 AM

Gray water leachfield

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:59:13 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

Check county codes for installing a dry well

People mention codes, double top-secret permits, a truck load of
inspectors, etc ... but!

This is grey water for a small brewing set-up.

I often toss dirty water from a car wash bucket onto the lawn, around
trees and plants.

What is the difference?

Oren[_2_] July 28th 11 05:24 AM

Gray water leachfield

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:10:43 -0400, ZeroWorship
wrote:

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money.

like BP?- Hide quoted text -

BP cleaned up . Unlike Chevron.
http://theamazonpost.com/tag/oil-spills

Or the Torrey Canyon.

F***g Yanks again.

limey *******.

Kind of a weak comeback there, Zero...

You could have called him an "uphill gardener"!

A limey ******* noun.

Steve B[_10_] July 28th 11 05:31 AM

Gray water leachfield

wrote:

Check county codes for installing a dry well

People mention codes, double top-secret permits, a truck load of
inspectors, etc ... but!

This is grey water for a small brewing set-up.

I often toss dirty water from a car wash bucket onto the lawn, around
trees and plants.

What is the difference?

Hold your phone calls, folks. We do have a winner.

Thanks, Oren. My sediments exactly. I was asking more along the lines of
construction techniques, but guess everyone went off on a legal tangent.
Forgiveness is easier to get than approval.

Steve

HeyBub[_3_] July 28th 11 12:22 PM

Gray water leachfield

N8N wrote:

WTF, plants love grey water. putting it into the topsoil is the best
thing that you could do. better there than into the bay where it can
cause problems.

Yep. You've got to consider the downstream (no pun intended) consequences.

Just last year, Seattle finally got with the program and quit using salt on
its icy roadways after someone pointed out that the salt would pass through
the storm sewer system into Pugent Sound.

jamesgangnc[_3_] July 28th 11 12:27 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 11:38*am, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 04:44:19 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:11 am, harry wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

I agree. My washing machine has been dumping out under my banana trees
for 3 decades and they seem to love it. As long as the water is not
draining directly into a waterway and you are not dumping any kind of
persistent chemicals, I don't see a problem.- Hide quoted text -

That's how the washing machine in my grandparents house was plumbed as
well. Dumped on the gournd. That might be the answer. A leechfield
for the water used to wash out beer vats might just be over
engineering this problem. Just dump it on the ground.

ZeroWorship July 28th 11 12:57 PM

Gray water leachfield

wrote:

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money.

like BP?- Hide quoted text -

BP cleaned up . Unlike Chevron.
http://theamazonpost.com/tag/oil-spills

Or the Torrey Canyon.

F***g Yanks again.

limey *******.

Kind of a weak comeback there, Zero...

You could have called him an "uphill gardener"!

A limey ******* noun.

certain plants need good drainage and gardening up hill might be the
right thing to do if rainfall or irrigation is adequate. uphill
gardener. somehow I don't think this is the gardener you are referring to.
but
after googling it up I concur.
those limey *******s sure do have a lot of different ways to say the
same thing.

HeyBub[_3_] July 29th 11 12:55 PM

Gray water leachfield

wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 06:22:18 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Yep. You've got to consider the downstream (no pun intended)
consequences.

Just last year, Seattle finally got with the program and quit using
salt on its icy roadways after someone pointed out that the salt
would pass through the storm sewer system into Pugent Sound.

What? They thought they were changing the salinity of the Pacific
ocean?
I would be a lot more worried about the oil that runs off the roads.

Harrumph!

In the great crusade to save the planet, avoiding road salt being dumped in
the Pacific is roughly the same magnitude as erecting wind turbines.

It's for the children.

[email protected][_2_] July 29th 11 05:21 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 1:51*pm, harry wrote:
On Jul 27, 1:17*pm, "
wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:11*am, harry wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:41*am, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

rivers.- Hide quoted text -

First, while septic systems break down human and other
organic waste, I seriously doubt they are going to break
down many harmful chemicals. If I pour benzene or
paint contain lead down a toilet, explain how a home
septic system is going to break that down.

Second, the issue in question is for grey water from
a room used to make beer. Exactly what does that
have to do with harmful chemicals? Apparenty you
are unaware that some municipalities are encouraging
the capture and use of grey water for things like
lawn watering.
my toilet, tell us how that is going to be broken dow

[email protected][_2_] July 29th 11 05:25 PM

Gray water leachfield

On Jul 27, 4:15*pm, Evan wrote:
[...]

~~ Evan- Hide quoted text -

Typical. The guy has some basic grey waste water from a small
room where he makes beer. And you make a big deal out of
it. I suppose instead of using it to water some grass or plants
he should hire an environmental engineer.

JIMMIE July 29th 11 08:56 PM

Gray water leachfield

wrote:
Check county codes for installing a dry well

People mention codes, double top-secret permits, a truck load of
inspectors, etc ... but!

This is grey water for a small brewing set-up.

I often toss dirty water from a car wash bucket onto the lawn, around
trees and plants.

What is the difference?

Because people can be so damed AR these days. Inspectors lose all
common sense and future home buyers are just looking for an excuse to
deduct something off the cost. if you screw up. In Fl you can pay for
soil test and possible cleanup if you put in an unapproved dry well.

Jimmie

JIMMIE July 29th 11 09:17 PM

Gray water leachfield

wrote:

Check county codes for installing a dry well

People mention codes, double top-secret permits, a truck load of
inspectors, etc ... but!

This is grey water for a small brewing set-up.

I often toss dirty water from a car wash bucket onto the lawn, around
trees and plants.

What is the difference?

Hold your phone calls, folks. *We do have a winner.

Thanks, Oren. *My sediments exactly. *I was asking more along the lines of
construction techniques, but guess everyone went off on a legal tangent.
Forgiveness is easier to get than approval.

Steve

--

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide
Now on facebook, too.

Putting in a dry well is the frkin' simple part...a hole in the ground
with rocks in it. The trouble you can get in to if its regulated can
be a real PITA. You will wish like hell you sought approval if it is
ever questioned because the burden of proof will be on you to prove
you did no harm and that can be expensive.

Jimmie

Oren[_2_] July 29th 11 10:06 PM

Gray water leachfield

wrote:
Check county codes for installing a dry well

People mention codes, double top-secret permits, a truck load of
inspectors, etc ... but!

This is grey water for a small brewing set-up.

I often toss dirty water from a car wash bucket onto the lawn, around
trees and plants.

What is the difference?

Because people can be so damed AR these days. Inspectors lose all
common sense and future home buyers are just looking for an excuse to
deduct something off the cost. if you screw up. In Fl you can pay for
soil test and possible cleanup if you put in an unapproved dry well.

Jimmie

Florida used to a nice place until the dammed Yankees refused go back
home. The Government ****ed up the Everglades -- to boot.

OP can just run a house outside to drain his brewing gray water. Same
for a dirty bucket of car wash water from a bucket.

Where are you in Florida?

Bob F July 30th 11 04:17 AM

Gray water leachfield

wrote:

Yep. You've got to consider the downstream (no pun intended)
consequences.

Just last year, Seattle finally got with the program and quit using
salt on its icy roadways after someone pointed out that the salt
would pass through the storm sewer system into Pugent Sound.

What? They thought they were changing the salinity of the Pacific
ocean?
I would be a lot more worried about the oil that runs off the roads.

Harrumph!

In the great crusade to save the planet, avoiding road salt being
dumped in the Pacific is roughly the same magnitude as erecting wind
turbines.
It's for the children.

And only idiots think that is the reason. Most of the runoff in the Seattle area
ends up in freshwater streams and lakes way before it gets near salt water. Do
you believe everything the right wing wackos say?

Steve B[_10_] July 30th 11 05:57 AM

Gray water leachfield

In the great crusade to save the planet, avoiding road salt being
dumped in the Pacific is roughly the same magnitude as erecting wind
turbines.
It's for the children.

You gotta love it. Wind turbines spinning, chopping up birds by the
millions. First, the required beacons atop the turbines flash and disorient
or blind the birds. Some see it as the rising sun and go right to it. This
phenomenon happens on high towers a lot because of their REQUIRED lighting.

It's as funny as when they turned loose that seal they spent $250,000 on
cleaning it up after the oil spill. Lights, camera, buses of school
children, news crews...............

cue the seal ..........

turned loose .................

cue the cameras .........

cue the screaming applauding children ............

cue the killer seal ...................

You guessed it.

Oh, I forgot ...........

cue the screaming running terrified children ..............

They'll get over it.

Eventually.

Lots of expensive therapy.

Steve

HeyBub[_3_] July 30th 11 01:55 PM

Gray water leachfield

Bob F wrote:
wrote:

Yep. You've got to consider the downstream (no pun intended)
consequences.

Just last year, Seattle finally got with the program and quit using
salt on its icy roadways after someone pointed out that the salt
would pass through the storm sewer system into Pugent Sound.

What? They thought they were changing the salinity of the Pacific
ocean?
I would be a lot more worried about the oil that runs off the roads.

Harrumph!

In the great crusade to save the planet, avoiding road salt being
dumped in the Pacific is roughly the same magnitude as erecting wind
turbines.
It's for the children.

And only idiots think that is the reason.

Evidently, then, the mayor of Seattle is an idiot because that's the reason
he gave for discontinuing roadway salt.

Most of the runoff in the
Seattle area ends up in freshwater streams and lakes way before it
gets near salt water.

And these streams and lakes empty into what exactly?

Do you believe everything the right wing wackos
say?

Right-wing wackos didn't say anything. It was the mayor of Seattle. Being a
Democrat, I don't THINK he's was a right-wing wacko. The policy of avoiding
salt is decades old, but was recently reversed by former mayor Nickels in
2009. He lost his re-election bid anyway.

Evan[_3_] July 30th 11 09:03 PM

Gray water leachfield

wrote:

Check county codes for installing a dry well

People mention codes, double top-secret permits, a truck load of
inspectors, etc ... but!

This is grey water for a small brewing set-up.

I often toss dirty water from a car wash bucket onto the lawn, around
trees and plants.

What is the difference?

Hold your phone calls, folks. *We do have a winner.

Thanks, Oren. *My sediments exactly. *I was asking more along the lines of
construction techniques, but guess everyone went off on a legal tangent.
Forgiveness is easier to get than approval.

Steve

--

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide
Now on facebook, too.

Bull...

When you dump something on the ground, it has to leach through
the topsoil and subsoil layers before it can get into the aquifer...

When you dig a below the ground leaching field, you provide a
direct to the water table means of access for whatever you are
discharging...

Something which may not be harmful in the concentrations which
survive the UV exposure when they are flowing across the surface
of the ground and whatever portions successfully penetrate the layers
of soil between daylight and groundwater could potentially pollute
the aquifer when you directly inject them into the ground...

This is why septic and drainage systems require permits and
hearings... You aren't the only one using the ground water in
your area -- but if you want to create your own "plume" of
something and become one of the EPA's most wanted --
go for it... The lawsuits from everyone who owns land within a
mile of yours and alphabet soup government agencies you
have never heard of before won't cost that much, will they ?

Dry wells are in many places restricted to rainwater use
only...

~~ Evan

The Daring Dufas[_7_] July 31st 11 12:38 AM

Gray water leachfield

On 7/30/2011 10:54 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:17:32 -0700, "Bob
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I suppose the confusion was caused by the use of "Pugent Sound"

Again, I would be a lot more concerned about the oil and other
chemicals is street runoff than a little salt.
Street runoff has been blamed for a lot of the oil pollution in
Chesapeake Bay. It is right up there with the assholes who flush their
waste motor oil down the toilet.

I was at a cloned box auto parts store a while back and saw a notice
posted about how the store was now accepting waste motor oil for
disposal. I asked a store employee about it and he handed a huge sheaf
of government and EPA documents that had to be filled out in order for
the store to accept my waste motor oil. I remembered what happened to a
large group of people who took their old car batteries to a lead
recycling company that went out of business. The government took the
records consisting of the paperwork filled out by the customers of the
defunct company who thought they were doing a good thing for the
environment and demanded that those people pay for the cleanup of the
hazardous waste at the site of the closed company. I changed my mind
about taking my used motor oil to the auto parts store and found a
friendly manager at an oil change service who took my old oil without
any hassle.

TDD

Steve B[_10_] July 31st 11 04:58 AM

Gray water leachfield

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

[...]

I bought a house. Included was about 50 gallons of waste oil, 5 gal.
buckets of roofing butyl, and assorted 5 gal. buckets of gook. I took the
oil to the box store that sells auto parts. Have to have a receipt that
says you bought 5 gal. of oil THERE in order to turn in the 5 gal. of used
oil. Called JiffyLube. No can do. Called the landfill. They have an
"amnesty" day ONCE A YEAR where they will take anything no questions asked.
The next one is this spring.

And they wonder why people take this crud and dump it in the desert.

Steve

Han July 31st 11 12:51 PM

Gray water leachfield

"Steve B" wrote in
:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

[...]

You should have called the real estate agent who handled the sell. That
house was not delivered in the "broom clean" state it was supposed to.

--
Best regards
Han