Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fixed my cell phone

Cell phone developed a, um, "stain" on the main screen shaped like a
football that obscured everything beneath it.

Took it to the Verizon store. Told them "Somebody sent me a kiss and I don't
know how to erase it."

"Nope," said the clerk. "It's pressure damage. You'll need a new screen.
About $80."

I found a screen replacement on Ebay for eight bucks. It came today.

Four of the tiniest screws I've ever seen, hidden under some equally tiny
rubber plugs, held the case together. Opening the case, it was dirt obvious
how to remove the old screen and replace it with the new.

'Phone works swell. I saved $75.00. All is good (except the debt limit which
shall remain unnamed).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Cell phone developed a, um, "stain" on the main screen shaped like a
football that obscured everything beneath it.

Took it to the Verizon store. Told them "Somebody sent me a kiss and I
don't know how to erase it."

"Nope," said the clerk. "It's pressure damage. You'll need a new screen.
About $80."

I found a screen replacement on Ebay for eight bucks. It came today.

Four of the tiniest screws I've ever seen, hidden under some equally tiny
rubber plugs, held the case together. Opening the case, it was dirt
obvious how to remove the old screen and replace it with the new.

'Phone works swell. I saved $75.00. All is good (except the debt limit
which shall remain unnamed).

Damn, that might resuscitate mine. Will check it out. My phone still
works, just no screen. Only a bright white screen. Thanks.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Cell phone developed a, um, "stain" on the main screen shaped like a
football that obscured everything beneath it.

Took it to the Verizon store. Told them "Somebody sent me a kiss and
I don't know how to erase it."

"Nope," said the clerk. "It's pressure damage. You'll need a new
screen. About $80."

I found a screen replacement on Ebay for eight bucks. It came today.

Four of the tiniest screws I've ever seen, hidden under some equally
tiny rubber plugs, held the case together. Opening the case, it was
dirt obvious how to remove the old screen and replace it with the
new. 'Phone works swell. I saved $75.00. All is good (except the debt
limit which shall remain unnamed).

Damn, that might resuscitate mine. Will check it out. My phone still
works, just no screen. Only a bright white screen. Thanks.

I'd take it apart and look for connectors or ribbon cables. Unplug and replug
each, and you might fix it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2011 10:56 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I need to check out ebay for parts again myself. Got a 'ccr'
something-or-other radio with a dead display. Vendor only wants 60 bucks
to replace it. I paid 10 for the radio, foolishly, without seeing it lit
up first.

--
aem sends...