Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default OT (kinda) Quick Pole Regarding Dish Network vs Direct TV

On 7/21/2011 5:10 PM, RonB wrote:
We live in a rural area in SE Kansas and our local, independent cable
provider just announced he will close shop at the end of July. I
would be irritated but he guy is 72 years old and has provided
excellent service for years. He can't find a buyer and is worn out.

We are comparing Dish vs Direct. Quite frankly Dish seems to be
looking better, but:

What do you guys think?

DirecTV seems to have better sports programming if you need that. Dish
is quite a bit less expensive. I had Dish then DirecTV then Dish again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-07-22, SMS wrote:

DirecTV seems to have better sports programming if you need that. Dish
is quite a bit less expensive. I had Dish then DirecTV then Dish again.

IMO, they're both rip-offs. It's nothing to be running a $90-100 mo
bill from either of these providers. To get animal/nature chans,
science/history/learning chans, home/food/DIY chans, Turner, the news
feeds, the whole spectrum of cable, we were paying DTV over $90 mo.
That's with NO premium movie chans or even local access and PBS! We
did get TCM. For PBS and local affiliate access, we'd have been
paying almost $100 mo. Still, no premium chans. I checked with Dish
and to get similar programing, we'd pay a similar price. Screw
that.

I now get Netflix for $30 mo. Four DVDs a week and 24/7 streaming
videos. Most of the crappy TV stuff (is there any other kind?) is
available, if that's your bag. I get news off the web.

nb

--
vi ...the root of evil
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 22, 3:17*pm, notbob wrote:
On 2011-07-22, SMS wrote:

[...]

How does that netflix thing work? I've got a 3GB data limit on my
internet access but I wonder if netflix runs on it's own thing and
wouldn't effect my regular internet stuff.

-C-

OT (kinda) Quick Pole Regarding Dish Network vs Direct TV NicoleV Home Repair 8 July 25th 11 03:46 PM
OT (kinda) Quick Pole Regarding Dish Network vs Direct TV Steve Barker[_6_] Home Repair 2 July 22nd 11 08:34 PM
OT Dish Network RogerN Metalworking 13 October 25th 10 01:42 AM
Direct TV vs Dish Terry Home Repair 13 May 3rd 07 04:58 AM
HDTV and Dish Network Red Neckerson Home Repair 2 December 10th 04 05:09 PM