DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT (kinda) Quick Pole Regarding Dish Network vs Direct TV (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/326351-re-ot-kinda-quick-pole-regarding-dish-network-vs-direct-tv.html)

Steve Barker[_6_] July 22nd 11 03:56 AM

OT (kinda) Quick Pole Regarding Dish Network vs Direct TV

On 7/21/2011 7:10 PM, RonB wrote:
We live in a rural area in SE Kansas and our local, independent cable
provider just announced he will close shop at the end of July. I
would be irritated but he guy is 72 years old and has provided
excellent service for years. He can't find a buyer and is worn out.

We are comparing Dish vs Direct. Quite frankly Dish seems to be
looking better, but:

What do you guys think?

RonB

Dish. I don't think there's anything inherently *WRONG* with direct
tv, but you will have one HELL of a time canceling them if you ever
don't want them. We've had dish for 5 years now, no problems.

--
Steve Barker

bob haller July 22nd 11 04:25 AM

On Jul 21, 10:56*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 7/21/2011 7:10 PM, RonB wrote:

We live in a rural area in SE Kansas and our local, independent cable
provider just announced he will close shop at the end of July. *I
would be irritated but he guy is 72 years old and has provided
excellent service for years. *He can't find a buyer and is worn out.

We are comparing Dish vs Direct. *Quite frankly Dish seems to be
looking better, but:

What do you guys think?

RonB

Dish. * I don't think there's anything inherently *WRONG* with direct
tv, but you will have one HELL of a time canceling them if you ever
don't want them. *We've had dish for 5 years now, no problems.

--
Steve Barker

I had dish for over 14 years but cancelled them when the jacked extra
receiver fees and DVR fees a LOT.

my extra receiver fee increased from 5 dollars a month to 17 bucks a
month and theres evidence they are going up again.....

see http://www.satelliteguys.us for in depth discussions of satellite
tv

notbob[_4_] July 22nd 11 08:34 PM

On 2011-07-22, Steve Barker wrote:

tv, but you will have one HELL of a time canceling them if you ever
don't want them.

Not really. Two unpaid bills in a row and you are cancelled.

OTOH, there is that problem of the unpaid bill. If you finally do pay
it, even a year later, they will resume service and billing. ;)

nb