DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Armor All (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/326182-re-armor-all.html)

Jim[_46_] July 19th 11 12:12 AM

Armor All

On 07/17/2011 02:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Have come to learn that a preferred product of mine, Armor All
Waterproofing Wood Protector, has been discontinued.

Might someone be able to recommend a replacement? Ideally the
exact same product but now under a new brand label?

Check out Penofin Oil. A few varieties available. Great stuff, IMO.

Similar product or just a worthy replacement?

Ed Pawlowski[_2_] July 19th 11 04:03 AM

Armor All

"Jim" wrote in message
Have come to learn that a preferred product of mine, Armor All
Waterproofing Wood Protector, has been discontinued.

Might someone be able to recommend a replacement? Ideally the
exact same product but now under a new brand label?

Check out Penofin Oil. A few varieties available. Great stuff, IMO.

Similar product or just a worthy replacement?

I've not use the Armor All so I don't know how it compares. You may find
this interesting
http://www.askthebuilder.com/B315_De...r_Tests_.shtml

Jim[_46_] July 19th 11 11:28 AM

Armor All

"Jim" wrote in message
Have come to learn that a preferred product of mine, Armor All
Waterproofing Wood Protector, has been discontinued.

Might someone be able to recommend a replacement? Ideally the
exact same product but now under a new brand label?

Check out Penofin Oil. A few varieties available. Great stuff,
IMO.

Similar product or just a worthy replacement?

I've not use the Armor All so I don't know how it compares. You
may find this interesting
http://www.askthebuilder.com/B315_De...r_Tests_.shtml

Just to clarify a point my interest in being the same product is
because I have already cleaned the deck and applied a light first
coat of Armor All when I ran out.

Wish to avoid getting a replacement that might be chemically
incompatible with that first coat.