DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   anti-rust topcoat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/325933-anti-rust-topcoat.html)

Frank Thompson[_2_] July 13th 11 11:56 AM

anti-rust topcoat

Any suggestions for topcoat on tractor implements. Have been primed
with "One Step Rust Killer."
Have not been satisfied with RustOleum in the past.
Frank
Georgia

jamesgangnc[_3_] July 13th 11 12:28 PM

anti-rust topcoat

On Jul 13, 6:56*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Any suggestions for topcoat on tractor implements. Have been primed
with "One Step Rust Killer."
Have not been satisfied with RustOleum in the past.
Frank
Georgia

I've been happy wth Krylon products but I've also had issues using
different brands on top of each other. Who makes "one-step-rust
killer"?

Tegger[_3_] July 13th 11 01:41 PM

anti-rust topcoat

Frank Thompson wrote in news:70cdc6b9-e10b-433f-
:

Any suggestions for topcoat on tractor implements. Have been primed
with "One Step Rust Killer."
Have not been satisfied with RustOleum in the past.

POR-15. It does work. You can even paint over it to get your desired color
back (your Deere can stay green!).

http://www.por15.com/

--
Tegger

Frank Thompson[_2_] July 13th 11 01:47 PM

anti-rust topcoat

On Jul 13, 7:28*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

I've been happy wth Krylon products but I've also had issues using
different brands on top of each other. *Who makes "one-step-rust
killer"?

interstateproducts.com

Unable to locate source of Krylon brush-on products (gallon size).

jamesgangnc[_3_] July 13th 11 01:51 PM

anti-rust topcoat

On Jul 13, 8:47*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
On Jul 13, 7:28*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

I've been happy wth Krylon products but I've also had issues using
different brands on top of each other. *Who makes "one-step-rust
killer"?

interstateproducts.com

Unable to locate source of Krylon brush-on products (gallon size).

Sorry, thought you were talking spray cans.

Bob F July 13th 11 02:51 PM

anti-rust topcoat

Frank Thompson wrote:
Any suggestions for topcoat on tractor implements. Have been primed
with "One Step Rust Killer."
Have not been satisfied with RustOleum in the past.

I've had very good results with hammerite, although not in a high wear
environment.

gpsman July 13th 11 04:03 PM

anti-rust topcoat

On Jul 13, 6:56*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Any suggestions for topcoat on tractor implements. Have been primed
with "One Step Rust Killer."
Have not been satisfied with RustOleum in the past.

Rustoleum is women's paint.

1. DP40 as a sealer/non-sanding primer.
That **** dries hard as a rock.

2. Imron for the topcoat.
You can pour brake fluid on that finish.
-----

- gpsman

Red Green July 13th 11 07:01 PM

anti-rust topcoat

gpsman wrote in news:df0535c6-43ed-4026-a7d4-
:

On Jul 13, 6:56*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Any suggestions for topcoat on tractor implements. Have been primed
with "One Step Rust Killer."
Have not been satisfied with RustOleum in the past.

Rustoleum is women's paint.

Ouch! Now you're in for it...deservingly :-)

LilAbner July 13th 11 07:04 PM

anti-rust topcoat

On Jul 13, 6:56 am, Frank wrote:
Any suggestions for topcoat on tractor implements. Have been primed
with "One Step Rust Killer."
Have not been satisfied with RustOleum in the past.

Rustoleum is women's paint.

Ouch! Now you're in for it...deservingly :-)

1. DP40 as a sealer/non-sanding primer.
That **** dries hard as a rock.

2. Imron for the topcoat.
You can pour brake fluid on that finish.
-----

- gpsman

Use Duck tape. If at first you don't succeed use more ducked tape.

Joe July 13th 11 07:10 PM

anti-rust topcoat

On Jul 13, 5:56*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Any suggestions for topcoat on tractor implements. Have been primed
with "One Step Rust Killer."
Have not been satisfied with RustOleum in the past.
Frank
Georgia

Buy your paint at a farm supply store. Or implement dealer. If it is
good for a farmer or rancher it is better than you need.

Joe