DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Magic tool (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/325565-magic-tool.html)

HeyBub[_3_] July 5th 11 12:43 PM

Magic tool

Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the scraper
blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into a
power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing stick-on tile
that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

Red Green July 5th 11 02:36 PM

Magic tool

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into
a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

In the words of Horatio Caine, "I did not know that".

Thanks.

Kurt Ullman July 5th 11 03:00 PM

Magic tool

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into
a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

In the words of Horatio Caine, "I did not know that".

Thanks.

You forgot to put the sunglasses on first (g).

Jim Elbrecht July 5th 11 03:31 PM

Magic tool

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:36:26 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
om:

Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into
a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

In the words of Horatio Caine, "I did not know that".

I think horatio would have said;
"And that . . ." puts on glasses "is why I carry a sawbuck in my
wallet."

I think some writer must hate him to make him say such stupid crap
week after week.

Jim
[and I haven't run across that recip-saw scraper, either. I hope I
never need one.g]

Bill[_9_] July 5th 11 03:42 PM

Magic tool

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns
into a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

That is a good idea! Never heard of this...

RicodJour[_2_] July 5th 11 04:06 PM

Magic tool

On Jul 5, 7:43*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the scraper
blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into a
power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing stick-on tile
that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

Back up there a second, hoss. Aren't you the one with the HF
oscillating multi-tool that does it all? And the guy that makes
blades for it to save three bucks? How is it that you don't know
about the well advertised scraping function and blades for the multi-
tool?

Red Green July 5th 11 04:10 PM

Magic tool

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:36:26 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news:Z6edna4HkIVtZY_TnZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@earthlink. com:

Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into
a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

In the words of Horatio Caine, "I did not know that".

I think horatio would have said;
"And that . . ." puts on glasses "is why I carry a sawbuck in my
wallet."

I think some writer must hate him to make him say such stupid crap
week after week.

He getz a chek, don't z?!

Red Green July 5th 11 04:15 PM

Magic tool

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into
a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

Another adapter that can be usefull. Never personally tried one.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/PAW...-Adapter-1PMG4

The Daring Dufas[_7_] July 5th 11 09:56 PM

Magic tool

On 7/5/2011 10:15 AM, Red Green wrote:
wrote in
m:

Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into
a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

Another adapter that can be usefull. Never personally tried one.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/PAW...-Adapter-1PMG4

I must apologize in advance but this adapter is just TOO funny, I can't
help it, I'm laughing so hard it hurts. *NOT SAFE FOR WORK COMPUTER!*
I warned you. ^_^

http://tinyurl.com/3d4ell5

TDD

HeyBub[_3_] July 5th 11 09:58 PM

Magic tool

RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:43 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns
into a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing
stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.

You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.

The only downside is the occasional kick-back.

Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

Back up there a second, hoss. Aren't you the one with the HF
oscillating multi-tool that does it all? And the guy that makes
blades for it to save three bucks? How is it that you don't know
about the well advertised scraping function and blades for the multi-
tool?

Heh!

I TRIED my HF Multifunction Miracle Tool. It was like cutting a titanium
ingot with a butter knife! Oh, it would have worked. Eventually. But I had
about 200 sq ft to do at three minutes per tile. I despaired. I wept. I
thought I'd just thinset OVER the goddamn stick-on stuff. Then I remembered
seeing the scraper blade at Home Depot.

Zip to the store. Zip back. Zip went the tile. Just call me Zippy!

And, Mr SmartyPants, I didn't re-tooth my HF Multifunction Miracle Tool
blade to save three bucks, I did it to save a 22-mile round trip to the HF
store in order to finish a twenty-minute job.

'Course saving three bucks WAS a plus...

HeyBub[_3_] July 6th 11 02:26 AM

Magic tool

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Again, beware of kickbacks!

Red Green July 6th 11 03:27 AM

Magic tool

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:iuvtpf$9a7$1
@dont-email.me:

[...]

HF Coupon?

The Daring Dufas[_7_] July 6th 11 10:22 PM

Magic tool

On 7/5/2011 8:26 PM, HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Imagine leaving one of those things in your Sawsall carrying case
and having someone discover it on a job site.

TDD

The Daring Dufas[_7_] July 6th 11 10:23 PM

Magic tool

On 7/5/2011 9:27 PM, Red Green wrote:
The Daring wrote in news:iuvtpf$9a7$1
@dont-email.me:

[...]

I think it's in the back of Hustler Magazine.

TDD

Tony Sivori July 7th 11 01:41 AM

Magic tool

HeyBub wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:43 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the
scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.

And, Mr SmartyPants, I didn't re-tooth my HF Multifunction Miracle Tool
blade to save three bucks, I did it to save a 22-mile round trip to the
HF store in order to finish a twenty-minute job.

Bad planning on your part. You should have bought a house closer to HF.

All kidding aside, until I read your post I didn't know there were scraper
blades for Sawzalls. A quick Google also produced grout removal blades for
Sawzalls.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/news/press-releases/1127

They're getting to be like king sized muli-tools.

--
Tony Sivori

DerbyDad03[_2_] July 8th 11 01:58 AM

Magic tool

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Imagine using the adapter without the soft flesh colored cover.

The Daring Dufas[_7_] July 8th 11 03:02 AM

Magic tool

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

That's for the macho man. Oh hell, I hear that song in my head. ^_^

TDD

DerbyDad03[_2_] July 8th 11 03:26 AM

Magic tool

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Without the soft flesh colored cover it reminds me very much of one of
these connectors that are meant to go in but never come out:

http://d33d8mgunhcj87.cloudfront.net...167129/450.jpg

That's *way* too macho for me.

The Daring Dufas[_7_] July 8th 11 05:04 AM

Magic tool

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Seeing that just made my sphincter try to run away, eeeeeeuuuuu! :-)

TDD