Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window sills need to be wiped off?

On 6/8/2011 6:25 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Just had good nabe painter redo my West-facing (strong sun) wooden
window sills, only 2-3 years after he did all those windows w/Benjamin
Moore acrylic (over primer). They had cracked and split and looked
like something that rhymes with split.

He says I have to get out there every morning and wipe off the
condensation from those window sills. (Near beach; evenings
dewy). ??!!!

Said he told me that when he first did the job. Guess I forgot.

Said I need to install gutters all around the house. $$$$ Also, we
have limited rainy season. Anyway, what has that to do with wiping
off condensation?

I asked if there was some kind of sealant that could be put over the
paint to keep this from happening again,but he said no.

Hope this is semi-clear. Your input valued.

HB

Too much sun. Wiping condensation might help, but it would dry quickly
in a very sunny window. You might do better with either marble window
sills, or putting in light blocking window shades. Window shades are
kind of out of style, but they are inexpensive and good for blocking
strong sun light.