Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window sills need to be wiped off?

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
Just had good nabe painter redo my West-facing (strong sun) wooden
window sills, only 2-3 years after he did all those windows w/Benjamin
Moore acrylic (over primer). They had cracked and split and looked
like something that rhymes with split.

He says I have to get out there every morning and wipe off the
condensation from those window sills. (Near beach; evenings
dewy). ??!!!

My wife goes out every morning at 7 AM, puts up the extension ladder and
wipes the sills. I thought everyone did it that way.

I bet it would make the paint last longer, but I doubt more than two people
in the world would do such a thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 2:42*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Higgs Boson" wrote in message

Just had good nabe painter redo my West-facing (strong sun) wooden
window sills, only 2-3 years after he did all those windows w/Benjamin
Moore acrylic (over primer). *They had cracked and split and looked
like something that rhymes with split.

He says I have to get out there every morning and wipe off the
condensation from those window sills. *(Near beach; evenings
dewy). ??!!!

My wife goes out every morning at 7 AM, puts up the extension ladder and
wipes the sills. *I thought everyone did it that way.

-- --

"I bet it would make the paint last longer, but I doubt more than two
people in the world would do such a thing."

Well, if your wife is one of the two...I wonder who the other one is.

They could start a club, have meetings, hold bake sales to raise funds
for new rags, etc.

To paraphrase Arlo Guthrie:

"And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people
a day walking in, wiping down their sills, and walking out. And
friends, they may think it's a movement."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 11:42*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Higgs Boson" wrote in message

Just had good nabe painter redo my West-facing (strong sun) wooden
window sills, only 2-3 years after he did all those windows w/Benjamin
Moore acrylic (over primer). *They had cracked and split and looked
like something that rhymes with split.

He says I have to get out there every morning and wipe off the
condensation from those window sills. *(Near beach; evenings
dewy). ??!!!

My wife goes out every morning at 7 AM, puts up the extension ladder and
wipes the sills. *I thought everyone did it that way.

I bet it would make the paint last longer, but I doubt more than two people
in the world would do such a thing.

OK, fellas, enuff of this misplaced yumer.

My question, way back, was whether there existed a "sealant", to use a
catch-all term, that would obviate the expressed need for this
matutinal sill wipedown.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 5:14*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Yeah...it's called "good exterior paint over a properly prepared
surface"

MDF window sills Lawrence Zarb UK diy 24 April 11th 06 11:18 AM
Window sills Davao UK diy 7 April 7th 06 03:19 AM
window sills steven holmes UK diy 2 August 4th 05 12:13 PM