Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Update": PVC Jandy valve -- weak screw

On 6/8/2011 7:28 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:38:04 -0700, wrote:

Replacing three O-rings in my Jandy Valve (solar pool panel valve).

One of the screws is weak and can't be tightened without further
damaging the PVC (I assume).

What can I use to help and be able to tighten the screw a little more?

I need to remove the screws in the future, so I think JB-Weld or
something permanent won't work well.

Sample (not my exact one) valve showing screws. See #1

pic:

http://www.poolcenter.com/jandy_check_valve.jpg

Wedge of toothpick? :-/

Fixed! Three O-rings, lube and all screws snuged up. The one weak
seated screw is not leaking.

That screw is for mounting the low voltage actuator - one of four
screws. The SS screw does go into the valve housing.

Ready for summer. Nice cool dip in the fresh pool.

Thanks for comments..

Mines already at 86 degrees F even w/o the heater.

clothes washers and dryers for older units with "weak" plumbing? CJ[_3_] Home Ownership 30 August 2nd 08 10:40 PM
"Weak" Electricity de_ja UK diy 23 November 28th 07 01:03 PM
Update to ""Flood" Problem in Refrigerator" [email protected] Home Repair 6 February 27th 06 11:39 AM
Update to ""Flood" Problem in Refrigerator" [email protected] Home Ownership 6 February 27th 06 11:39 AM