Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RE-roofing garage

On Jun 8, 4:17*pm, Trizi wrote:
My garage (in Toronto) is separate from the house. *I had the house roof done about 9 years ago with an architectural shingle and there were 7 packages of it left over. *The roofer left them with me so they have been sitting in a corner of the garage ever since.

I am wondering if it's ok to use those shingles now that I have to replace the garage roof. * Will the glue be ok?

Of course I'll have to buy more of them since they won't cover the whole area.

Glue is usually heat-activated, so unless they were in a very hot
environment they should be ok. Color is question that only you can
decide. You probably should get as close as possible, and then
interleave new and left-over shingles to minimize striping.