DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Marking Pressure Treated Lumber? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/324388-marking-pressure-treated-lumber.html)

mike June 8th 11 04:29 PM

Marking Pressure Treated Lumber?

Pencil sometimes works, sometimes not so much. Maybe it's the wetness
of the lumber; I dunno. Laying down tape first is too much bother.
Permanent marker is a little too conspicuous, and often a little fat.
I'm considering scoring the wood with a razor to serve as a marker.

Any tips for easily making marks on wet, pressure-treated lumber?

Frank June 8th 11 05:12 PM

On Jun 8, 11:29*am, mike wrote:
Pencil sometimes works, sometimes not so much. *Maybe it's the wetness
of the lumber; I dunno. *Laying down tape first is too much bother.
Permanent marker is a little too conspicuous, and often a little fat.
I'm considering scoring the wood with a razor to serve as a marker.

Any tips for easily making marks on wet, pressure-treated lumber?

I'm no expert but dull nail would probably work better than razor and
be easier to see.

Hell Toupee[_4_] June 8th 11 05:25 PM

On 6/8/2011 11:12 AM, Frank wrote:
On Jun 8, 11:29 am, wrote:
Pencil sometimes works, sometimes not so much. Maybe it's the wetness
of the lumber; I dunno. Laying down tape first is too much bother.
Permanent marker is a little too conspicuous, and often a little fat.
I'm considering scoring the wood with a razor to serve as a marker.

Any tips for easily making marks on wet, pressure-treated lumber?

I'm no expert but dull nail would probably work better than razor and
be easier to see.

Chalk pencils or charcoal pencils. Either one can be bought at a craft
store.

GROVER June 8th 11 05:27 PM

On Jun 8, 11:29*am, mike wrote:
Pencil sometimes works, sometimes not so much. *Maybe it's the wetness
of the lumber; I dunno. *Laying down tape first is too much bother.
Permanent marker is a little too conspicuous, and often a little fat.
I'm considering scoring the wood with a razor to serve as a marker.

Any tips for easily making marks on wet, pressure-treated lumber?

Try chalk or a scraatch awl.
Joe G