Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Sam is offline

Default Good quality screw drivers that don't smell?

replying to bob haller, Sam wrote:
Were in the radar maintenance business and that Xcelite tool kit in a case
reaks something fierce. Cant do nothing about so cheese on!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-636850-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/22/2019 11:44 AM, Sam wrote:
replying to bob haller, Sam wrote:
Were in the radar maintenance business and that Xcelite tool kit in a case
reaks something fierce. Cant do nothing about so cheese on!

I had an ols Snap-on screwdriver that was secreting goop from the
plastic handle. I stopped by a snap-on truck, and they gave me a new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/22/2019 9:22 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 8/22/2019 11:44 AM, Sam wrote:
replying to bob haller, Sam wrote:
Were in the radar maintenance business and that Xcelite tool kit in a case
reaks something fierce. Cant do nothing about so cheese on!

I had an ols Snap-on screwdriver that wasÂ* secreting goop from the plastic handle. I stopped by a snap-on truck, and they gave me a new one.

I found this picture of Bob when he was in high school.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...HgmQnD7hUSolb4
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 1:11:44 AM UTC-5, bob wrote:
I have some craftsman screwdrivers and if I put them in a closed box the
whole box will have a stench next time I open it. Apparently, the xcelite
handles emits the odor.

Is there a way to permenantly clean off this odor?

For future reference, what brand of screwdrivers are of decent quality and
don't have smelly handles?

I had some chisels with handles that stunk big time.

I used Plasti Dip Tool Handle Coating.

No more odor.