Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cottage Stones

I have a shed painted gray. It sits off of the ground and the previous
owners put reddish cottage stones around it which looks nice, and really
finishes it off. It also keeps the skunks out from going underneath it.

Can these stones be painted gray? They are porous. If so, can they be
spray painted, or would it be better to brush paint the stones?

Also, would the paint eventually flake off? I don't want to create a
huge job which means all the stones would have to be painted every other
year or so.

Thanks for all feedback.

Kate
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 31, 12:00*am, Kate wrote:
I have a shed painted gray. *It sits off of the ground and the previous
owners put reddish cottage stones around it which looks nice, and really
finishes it off. *It also keeps the skunks out from going underneath it..

Can these stones be painted gray? *They are porous. *If so, can they be
spray painted, or would it be better to brush paint the stones?

Also, would the paint eventually flake off? *I don't want to create a
huge job which means all the stones would have to be painted every other
year or so.

Thanks for all feedback.

Kate

COAT THEM WITH PRIMER/SEALER FIRST...THEN PAINT THEM ANYWAY YOU WANT.
IF THEY PEAL AFTER AWHILE..REPAINT, SELL, AND MOVE FAR FAR AWAY;-)
PAT ECUM
TGITM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/2011 11:00 PM, Kate wrote:
I have a shed painted gray. It sits off of the ground and the previous
owners put reddish cottage stones around it which looks nice, and really
finishes it off. It also keeps the skunks out from going underneath it.

Can these stones be painted gray? They are porous. If so, can they be
spray painted, or would it be better to brush paint the stones?

Also, would the paint eventually flake off? I don't want to create a
huge job which means all the stones would have to be painted every other
year or so.

Thanks for all feedback.

Kate

Paint the shed a "reddish" color. :-)

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2011 8:33 AM, IGot2P wrote:
On 5/30/2011 11:00 PM, Kate wrote:
I have a shed painted gray. It sits off of the ground and the previous
owners put reddish cottage stones around it which looks nice, and really
finishes it off. It also keeps the skunks out from going underneath it.

Can these stones be painted gray? They are porous. If so, can they be
spray painted, or would it be better to brush paint the stones?

Also, would the paint eventually flake off? I don't want to create a
huge job which means all the stones would have to be painted every other
year or so.

Thanks for all feedback.

Kate

Paint the shed a "reddish" color. :-)

Don

Well, then it won't match my house.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 30, 11:00*pm, Kate wrote:
I have a shed painted gray. *It sits off of the ground and the previous
owners put reddish cottage stones around it which looks nice, and really
finishes it off. *It also keeps the skunks out from going underneath it..

Can these stones be painted gray? *They are porous. *If so, can they be
spray painted, or would it be better to brush paint the stones?

Also, would the paint eventually flake off? *I don't want to create a
huge job which means all the stones would have to be painted every other
year or so.

Thanks for all feedback.

Kate

Your Sherwin-Williams, or any other paint store that sells to
professionals will have the answer. Ask them, its a good opportunity
to learn something new.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kate" wrote in message
I have a shed painted gray. It sits off of the ground and the previous
owners put reddish cottage stones around it which looks nice, and really
finishes it off. It also keeps the skunks out from going underneath it.

Can these stones be painted gray? They are porous. If so, can they be
spray painted, or would it be better to brush paint the stones?

Also, would the paint eventually flake off? I don't want to create a huge
job which means all the stones would have to be painted every other year
or so.

Thanks for all feedback.

Kate

I do not know what a cottage stone is. Eventually is a relative term. And
nothing lasts forever except taxes.

Pressured washed, allowed to dry, primed and painted with a quality paint I
would guess 5-10 years before you needed to do it again.

The biggest potential problem is moisture coming up or from the unpainted
side. Then it might be a touch up every other year.

I would apply it with a brush.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2011 12:00 AM, Kate wrote:
I have a shed painted gray. It sits off of the ground and the previous
owners put reddish cottage stones around it which looks nice, and really
finishes it off. It also keeps the skunks out from going underneath it.

If it does all that, leave them alone.

Can these stones be painted gray? They are porous. If so, can they be
spray painted, or would it be better to brush paint the stones?

It's better to leave them alone.

Also, would the paint eventually flake off?

Paint sucks, and seldom wears or fades away nicely, but generally flakes
off, leaving a mess.

I don't want to create a
huge job which means all the stones would have to be painted every other
year or so.

If I had to paint them, I would be looking at more of a dye or stain
than for paint. Paint on brick or cement sounds like asking for trouble.

--
Jack
I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Cottage Sign John Woodworking 8 August 28th 10 06:39 AM
Cottage Insulation, HELP! [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 5th 06 04:29 AM
COTTAGE CANDLE J T Woodworking 0 December 1st 05 04:27 PM
winter use of cottage? Some1 Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 06:11 PM
COTTAGE FOR SALE Danielle Home Ownership 0 August 25th 04 06:51 PM