Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC: Why two wires going to the fan?

Hi,

In my thermostat there is a slot marked "Fan" and there are two wires in
that slot. How come? Why would a fan need two signals?

Thanks!

Sam
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

In my thermostat there is a slot marked "Fan" and there are two wires in
that slot. How come? Why would a fan need two signals?

Thanks!

Sam

Hmmm,
TYou did not mention 'stat model/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 30, 11:57*pm, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

In my thermostat there is a slot marked "Fan" and there are two wires in
that slot. How come? Why would a fan need two signals?

Thanks!

Sam

TWO SIGNALS???
THIS IS CLEARLY A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.
WHEN YOU FIGURE IT OUT.......DON'T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA
TGITM
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Ghost in The Machine wrote:
On May 30, 11:57 pm, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

In my thermostat there is a slot marked "Fan" and there are two wires in
that slot. How come? Why would a fan need two signals?

Thanks!

Sam

TWO SIGNALS???
THIS IS CLEARLY A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.
WHEN YOU FIGURE IT OUT.......DON'T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA
TGITM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWiVtoRAgCo&NR=1
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 31, 3:16*am, Fat-Dumb and Happy
wrote:
The Ghost in The Machine wrote: Some smashing pertinent humor.

YOU AND ROY.
BOOWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zG_P...e_gdata_player

PAT ECUM
TGITM

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why two wires going to the fan?

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
Hi,

In my thermostat there is a slot marked "Fan" and there are two wires in
that slot. How come? Why would a fan need two signals?

Thanks!

Sam

One is for when the unit is used in the northern hemisphere, and the other
for the southern hemisphere. DO NOT connect both at any time, or there may
be an antimatter explosion!

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 30, 11:57*pm, Sam Takoy wrote:
In my thermostat there is a slot marked "Fan" and there are two wires in
that slot. How come? Why would a fan need two signals?

Um, maybe there are two fans, or there's something else that needs to
come on when the fan comes on?
Posted to alt.home.repair

One is for pressure, the other for suction?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

. ..