Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Too Many Republicans Here.

Republican:
Someone who supports the rights of the unborn, but won't fund stem cell
research that could help the millions who are already here. The first
one to protest abortion rights, and the first one willing to take a
life through capital punishment. Someone who espouses personal freedom,
and then tries to pass constitutional amendments to restrict it.
Someone threatened by government surplus but unfazed by goverment
deficits. Someone who is pro-business but anti-citizen. Someone who
wants to take away the helping hand, after he's made it to safety.
Someone who holds a cross in one hand and tries to burn it with the
other.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 9:37*am, Suga Moto Soy wrote:
Republican:
Someone who supports the rights of the unborn, but won't fund stem cell
research that could help the millions who are already here. The first
one to protest abortion rights, and the first one willing to take a
life through capital punishment. Someone who espouses personal freedom,
and then tries to pass constitutional amendments to restrict it.
Someone threatened by government surplus but unfazed by goverment
deficits. Someone who is pro-business but anti-citizen. Someone who
wants to take away the helping hand, after he's made it to safety.
Someone who holds a cross in one hand and tries to burn it with the
other.

You forgot that they are the party that hates Gays but cruises for
boys in Men's Restrooms at the Airport. LOL.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Suga Moto Soy wrote:

snip

Please take your god damn mother ****ing politics somewhere else, you
****ing asshole. This is a home repair group. Note that I asked you
twice without the profanity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2011 9:48 AM, Country wrote:
On May 26, 9:37 am, Suga Moto wrote:
Republican:
Someone who supports the rights of the unborn, but won't fund stem cell
research that could help the millions who are already here. The first
one to protest abortion rights, and the first one willing to take a
life through capital punishment. Someone who espouses personal freedom,
and then tries to pass constitutional amendments to restrict it.
Someone threatened by government surplus but unfazed by goverment
deficits. Someone who is pro-business but anti-citizen. Someone who
wants to take away the helping hand, after he's made it to safety.
Someone who holds a cross in one hand and tries to burn it with the
other.

You forgot that they are the party that hates Gays but cruises for
boys in Men's Restrooms at the Airport. LOL.

Could you please post a link to somewhere that lists those assertions
of yours as being part of the Republican platform. I'm not a Republican
and if you claimed the same thing about Democrats, I'd want to see proof
of that too. I have friends in both parties and never heard any
of them claim that. :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Suga Moto Soy wrote:

snip

Please take your god damn mother ****ing politics somewhere else, you
****ing asshole. This is a home repair group. Note that I asked you
twice without the profanity.

you just proved my point white trayler dwelling trash.wtf are u
telling people what to post here,suck on your sawed off
shogun,birdbrain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 10:37*am, Suga Moto Soy wrote:
Republican:
Someone who supports the rights of the unborn, but won't fund stem cell
research that could help the millions who are already here.

That's a gross misrepresentation. It's Conservatives who don't want
FEDERAL funding of ebryonic stem cell research, ie research that]
uses human embryos. They have no problem with stem cell research
in general. And there are many Republicans that have no problem
even with embryonic stem cell research funding.

The first
one to protest abortion rights, and the first one willing to take a
life through capital punishment. Someone who espouses personal freedom,
and then tries to pass constitutional amendments to restrict it.

That constitutional ammendment would be, specifically?

Someone threatened by government surplus but unfazed by goverment
deficits.

A silly assertion to make. In the current budget debate, it's be the
Democrats
who were screaming bloody murder over any attempts to limit spending.
The
result, a budget that allegedly cut spending by 1%, but according to
the CBO,
actually it's more like .1% And it's Obama that submitted the
current budget
with a $1.6 tril deficit. Not to say that Republicans haven't given
in to excessive
spending in the past, but to say they are unfazed by govt deficits is
just untrue.
In fact, it's the Dems, as witnessed by the Mediscare tactics, that
won't even
have an honest debate about how to cut govt spending.

Someone who is pro-business but anti-citizen.

Specific examples please. Both parties have passed huge
bailouts of both businesses as well as stimulus down to the
individual.

Someone who
wants to take away the helping hand, after he's made it to safety.
Someone who holds a cross in one hand and tries to burn it with the
other.

Typical racist nonsense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2011 11:40 AM, Twayne wrote:
In ,
The Daring typed:
[...]

So where is that site? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2011 2:58 PM, Country wrote:
On May 26, 10:32 am, The Daring
wrote:
[...]

LOL!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig

-C-

Nice, a pervert who happens to be a Republican, I'll bet there are a lot
more Democrats who play the skin flute. I still don't see anything
that proves that's a political platform of the party. I could probably
make reference to Barney Frank but he/she/it is obvious. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2011 4:06 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 12:57:18 -0400, Suga Moto
wrote:

In ,
Suga Moto wrote:

snip

Please take your god damn mother ****ing politics somewhere else, you
****ing asshole. This is a home repair group. Note that I asked you
twice without the profanity.

you just proved my point white trayler dwelling trash.wtf are u
telling people what to post here,suck on your sawed off
shogun,birdbrain.

Being you are a new TROLL let me make it perfectly clear. Smitty is
the official hall monitor. You piece of fecal matter. FOAD.

This ng is unmoderated. NO RULES.

jIM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 7:48*am, Country wrote:
On May 26, 9:37*am, Suga Moto Soy wrote:

Republican:
Someone who supports the rights of the unborn, but won't fund stem cell
research that could help the millions who are already here. The first
one to protest abortion rights, and the first one willing to take a
life through capital punishment. Someone who espouses personal freedom,
and then tries to pass constitutional amendments to restrict it.
Someone threatened by government surplus but unfazed by goverment
deficits. Someone who is pro-business but anti-citizen. Someone who
wants to take away the helping hand, after he's made it to safety.
Someone who holds a cross in one hand and tries to burn it with the
other.

You forgot that they are the party that hates Gays but cruises for
boys in Men's Restrooms at the Airport. LOL.

That is really, really hilarious. Writer hasn't yet had a chance to
research the proportion of Republicans to Democrats caught in sex
scandals, only some of whom, alas, have had to resign from the
Congress. Writer, sweetie, do the research and post your results --
before somebody else does the work.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 8:32*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
[...]

Have they been in a deep hole? The info is available on every medium,
from Fox (urp) to PBS (mild burb)

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Suga Moto Soy wrote:
Republican:
Someone who supports the rights of the unborn, but won't fund stem
cell research that could help the millions who are already here. The
first one to protest abortion rights, and the first one willing to
take a life through capital punishment. Someone who espouses personal
freedom, and then tries to pass constitutional amendments to restrict
it. Someone threatened by government surplus but unfazed by goverment
deficits. Someone who is pro-business but anti-citizen. Someone who
wants to take away the helping hand, after he's made it to safety.
Someone who holds a cross in one hand and tries to burn it with the
other.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 10:02*am, "
wrote:
[...]

Speaking of bailouts, folks, if you read nothing else all year, get
ahold of the May 26 issue of "Rolling Stone". (It's also on-line).
Spine-chilling article on the criminals at Goldman Sachs who got away
with financial murder,*

Also try to catch the Oscar-winning documentary "Inside Job", which
again is a masterful portrayal of the long-festering mortgage,
derivative, etc. scandal nursed by Goldman Sachs and the other big
players, which necessitated the bailout(s). Not one of the REAL
bosses of this criminal conspiracy has gone to jail; one minor flunky
might. And these are the experts that poor Obama called in to save
the day, just as he was taking office!!! The criminals that caused
the recession are still in place, still making out like bandits.
While Obama hasn't raised a finger to bring justice to their
victims!!!

*And maybe actual murder, given the suicides by ordinary people who
lost their homes, their jobs, their lives, due to Wall Street's
gleeful greed.

HB

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 10:20*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 5/26/2011 11:40 AM, Twayne wrote:

,
The Daring *typed:
[...]

Pal, you want just one site that lists all the above 100% true
statements? You want somebody to do your citizen's work for you?

You need to start reading history and following the news, not just on
Fox or network stations or even most newspapers (you DO read
newspapers?) Every single statement above can be bolstered by
numerous acts of Congress, the Supreme Court, the Administration
(mostly Bush and his antecedents, with even Clinton not getting a full
pass).

Check out also our corporate masters, who pay off Congress to whore
for them. Look up the famous saying: "Apres nous, le deluge". I
think it was Louis XV who uttered it. The new far-right Republican
motto. Note: There still are a few Republicans left who espouse true
Conservative values (as opposed to the Mad Dogs who have taken over
the Party) but they are virtually powerless against the Hitlerian
machine that keeps the Party in line.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Who happens to be just about the smartest person in Congress,
acknowledged as such by his peers of both Parties

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

In other words, you have no site. And who said it had to be one site?
It could be several, as long as they are credible. Which of course
isn't
going to happen.

I especially like the outrageous claim that it's Republicans who are
unconcerned with huge deficits. Every attempt by the Republicans
to deal with getting spending under control was met by Democrats
screaming bloody murder. They whittled away until the final budget
cuts for the current year amounted to a whopping .1%. The
Republicans who were vilified at every opportunity were looking
for at MOST a 2% cut.

Even Bill Clinton was just caught on an open mic talking to Paul
Ryan. What did he say? That while he was glad that the Dems
had just won the Congressional seat in NY, he hoped that they
didn't use it as an excuse to refuse to deal with the serious
funding problem of Medicare.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It ain't so much the skin flute playin' as it is the hypocrisy.
Otherwise, consenting adults can do whatever they want to each other.
Ain't my business.

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2011 5:16 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 15:12:38 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

. I could probably
make reference to Barney Frank but he/she/it is obvious. ^_^

TDD

Mark passed away the other day.

Decipher this Frank interview. Barney had a hussy fit.

http://files.wallstreetfolly.com/wordpress/2009/06/video-mark-haines-vs-barney-frank-one-of-the-best-funniest-things-weve-seen-on-cnbc-in-a-long-time/

Didn't you just tell someone to FOAD for talking about politics in a
home repair newsgroup?

BTW: I didn't think that was that funny. Frank is old and tired. BFD.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Frank is out and doesn't troll men's rooms. I think

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Republicans are going to REFUSE to raise our countries debt limit.

While demading the disassembly of medicare Cutting of SS benefits:
( and lowering the tax rate on the super wealthy familys making over
250 grand from 35% to 25%

I agree excess spending must be cut, but leave my SS medicare etc
ALONE!

End the 3 wars, close all military bases in peaceful places in the
world, like japan and germany. Offer to leave the bbases operating if
the host countries pay the operating expenses.

Leave pre supplied hardened bases with skelton crews for security and
minimal maintence

we can no longer afford to be the worlds cop

leaves bases in bad areas like s korea
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:

we can no longer afford to be the worlds cop

If not us, who?

Or perhaps you prefer no cop at all?

The latter won't happen: power abhors a vacuum.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 11:15*pm, bob haller wrote:
Republicans are going to REFUSE to raise our countries debt limit.

While demading the disassembly of medicare Cutting of SS benefits:
( and lowering the tax rate on the super wealthy familys making over
250 grand from 35% to 25%

I agree excess spending must be cut, but leave my SS medicare etc
ALONE!

End the 3 wars, close all military bases in peaceful places in the
world, like japan and germany. Offer to leave the bbases operating if
the host countries pay the operating expenses.

I agree that it's time to re-examine the US strategic needs and
some bases in countries like Germany, Japan, etc should be
on the list for closure.

However, if you look at the budget, the core problem is in the
overwhelming part that is non-discretionary, which represents
about two thirds of the total budget. If you put off limits that
portion then it can't help close the deficit. You also have
interest on the national debt which is growing larger each
year and you can't cut it. What is left of the discretionary
budget is so small that even drastic cuts in it, which clearly
no one is in favor of, will not have a big enough impact on
reducing the deficit.

Here's another way of looking at it. You suggested some
reasonable cuts in defense. Let's go even further.
If we cut defense by 10%,
that would reduce the $1.7 tril deficit by only $67bil.

Until enough Americans wake up to the real scope of the problem
and it's true sources, we will never reduce the deficit by a
meaningful amount. And right now, everyone just wants
to pretend that some magical cuts that aren't painful here
and there is all that's needed. In reality, the longer this
is put off the worse and more unmaginable the problem
becomes.

I believe there is a high probability that the period we are
in now will be looked back at like we now look back at
what lead up to WWII. Just like today, what was
happening was clear, but everyone wanted to pretend
that what was right in front of them wasn't happening
and refused to act until it was too late.

Leave pre supplied hardened bases with skelton crews for security and
minimal maintence

we can no longer afford to be the worlds cop

leaves bases in bad areas like s korea

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

LOL! I almost ****ed my pants!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message
net...
On 5/26/2011 4:06 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 12:57:18 -0400, Suga Moto
wrote:

In ,
Suga Moto wrote:

snip

Please take your god damn mother ****ing politics somewhere else, you
****ing asshole. This is a home repair group. Note that I asked you
twice without the profanity.
you just proved my point white trayler dwelling trash.wtf are u
telling people what to post here,suck on your sawed off
shogun,birdbrain.

Being you are a new TROLL let me make it perfectly clear. Smitty is
the official hall monitor. You piece of fecal matter. FOAD.

This ng is unmoderated. NO RULES.

Anyone remember the "rules" of the knife fight in Butch Cassidy? (-"

What's the rule?

No Feed Trolls!

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2011 4:34 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On May 26, 8:32 am, The Daring
wrote:
[...]

You can't name one source that claims the Republican Party platform is
to hate gays and to cruse for boys in the men's room at airports. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 8:58*pm, Country wrote:
On May 26, 10:32*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

-C-- Hide quoted text -

Damn. I was there only a month later. Missed out on the lewd conduct!
Craig is a welsh name so that explains it. (Means cliff)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Welsh descent Duf. He can't help it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

THAT IS ONE F**KED UP POINT OF VIEW.
IF YOU BURDEN YOUR LIFE WITH SUCH THOUGHTS, IT IS NO WONDER WHY YOUR
WORLD IS SO DISCOMBOBULATED.

POLICING IS A SOLUTION, BUT NEVER THE ANSWER.
WITH SELF EDUCATION, RESTRAINT AND HUMANE CITIZENSHIP THERE IS LITTLE
NEED FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT......OR A POLICE STATE....TYRANNY IS SAVAGERY
IN CLASSY CLOTHING.
OMNIPOTENCE AND HARMONY AMONG HUMANS, NEEDS NO ALTERATION.

GOING HALF COCKED WITH POWER, LEADS TO HALF ASSED RESULTS.

IN YOUNGER DAYS ANY MAN OR WOMAN TROLLING FOR AN EROTIC ADVENTURE MET
OBSTACLES, SOME VIOLENT, SOME LEGAL, SOME TASTEFUL.....IT'S A SHAME
THAT HUMANS CAN SEEM TO PERVERT THE ONE GOOD THING THEY ALL HAVE IN
COMMON.....THE LOVE YOU ALL CRAVE.

POLITICS IS JUST MANS WAY OF SAYING..I DONT KNOW ****!
BOOWAHAHAHAHAHA

PATECUM
TGITM
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I try to resist putting people in categories just because they voted for
someone. I voted Rep in the primaries and Dem in the general 2008. I'm
now a registered Rep but only because I tend to lean to the right and
has nothing to do with moral issues. It's the choices I have to make
from a limited field of candidates. I'm all for gay rights, a woman's
right to choose, legalization of 420, and cutting back on military
spending. Oh yeah, I'm agnostic too. :-)

I lean right because I see allegedly disabled people on Judge Judy looking
quite fit describing how they are cheating the Feds, the states, the cities
and their fellow citizens left and right and no one cares. I have a lot of
"lib loon" ideas, but I also believe that if you can't afford to raise your
kids, the state should have the right to adopt them out from under you if
you are a persistent cheat, lawbreaker, illegal alien, etc. Chronic poverty
chains can't be broken any other way. And God knows every do-gooder since
Jane Addams at Hull House

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_House

has tried every charity and government program under the rainbow. A one or
two year old kid, in good health, can be placed anywhere and thrive with
love and attention.

But year after year the family courts buy into this "natural parent over
all" idea. They will place a child back with their natural parent even
though it's crystal clear they can't actually care for them. If this
continues long enough, the children will have spent so much time with a
dysfunctional caregiver that they are very, VERY hard to "reroute" back to
normal. (This idea horrifies many of my left-leaning friends, especially
women who see it was one step short of Nazism.) But the truth is nothing
else breaks the chain.

The worst part is that some of the most outrageously bad parents are so
prolific. There are a lot of lost kids out there, getting more and more lost
by the minute as they learn how to live life at the hands of total
incompetents. Adopting them out early would serve two goals: Society
wouldn't have to pay for their welfare and the rate of adoption of sick kids
from China and Russia would drop substantially, easing the strain on our
medical resources.

Does that make me a Republican or a Democrat or Social Futurist?

I also believe it's the Fed's responsibility to rebuild economically ravaged
areas like Detroit in its capacity as "insurer of last resort" (with an
army!). We can't afford let the equivalent of another Afganistan fester
right in the heart of our country and that's what's happening. We seem to
have quickly forgotten that our second worst terrorist attack came from
within. Yet it's clear from the escalating divisivness that some people are
very, very angry about changes they feel are bad for the country. The Feds
serve as a counterbalance for the things that need doing that bind the
country together and for which there is often no payoff for private
investors - like making sure everyone has electricity and phone/net
connections.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 11:45*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
bob haller wrote:

we can no longer afford to be the worlds cop

If not us, who?

Or perhaps you prefer no cop at all?

The latter won't happen: power abhors a vacuum.

What do you think is fair costs not just $$ but lives of troops,
families grieving lost members, and terrorists who hate us because we
did something internationally........

Those with the $$ make the rules..... we no longer can afford it

Wars are too clean today, the loosers dont know THEY LOST.

Take iraq as a example. It was a bogus war Saddam had no WMD, and
wasnt connected to bin laden. True he was a terrible person, but so
are lots off dictators

Hey saddam next week were attacking if you dont stand down NOW, come
monday morning baghdad will cease to exist. Cruise missles will take
out your city beginning in souther baghdad, emergency supplies for
residents are being dropped now north of the city send your residents
there NOW, and leaflet the city to get their attention

Oh and saddam the next city to be leveled will be your hometown, it
will cease to exist next week.

This will go on till you resign and leave.....

Those that LOST must KNOW THEY LOST.

The trouble with war today its too clean, and thus too protacted,
going on too long costs even more lives

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 11:46*pm, "
wrote:
[...]

leaves bases in bad areas like s korea- Hide quoted text -

CUT ALL SPENDING DRAMATICALLY

Increase taxes on super wealthy a extra 10% a year till the deficit is
gone.

doing these 2 will balance the budget

go to fair tax national sales tax and stop using taxes to micro manage
citizens lives
Posted to alt.home.repair

I believe there is a high probability that the period we are
in now will be looked back at like we now look back at
what lead up to WWII. *Just like today, what was
happening was clear, but everyone wanted to pretend
that what was right in front of them wasn't happening
and refused to act until it was too late.

the seeds of destruction were caused by congress being bought and paid
for by whoever promises to get reps re election money.

congress needs to go to 2 terms and your out, there should be enough
citizens wanting to help our country, rather than reps wanting to help
themselves to all sorts of lavish benefits like lifetime health care
etc

Posted to alt.home.repair

Take our postal service, look at YOUR MAIL. Its mostly a junk mail
delivery service

Scrap its current business model.

go to 3 day a week delivery monday wednesday and friday.....

close most local post offices, go to large central ones

install big central mailboxes in most neighborhoods. so the carrier
fills one location serving 50 homes. Provide a door delivery for those
willing to pay extra.

Sell off or close the package delivery part, let fed X handle
packages.

As employees retire make all new ones part time

Have your local grocery store handle most post office duties.

The new agency would be a fraction of its current size still deliver
mail and cost a lot less to operate.

Now such economies could be enacted, and this is just ONE AGENCY.

Imagine the savings if this sort of approach was used on our entire
government
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:

we can no longer afford to be the worlds cop

If not us, who?

Or perhaps you prefer no cop at all?

The latter won't happen: power abhors a vacuum.

What do you think is fair costs not just $$ but lives of troops,
families grieving lost members, and terrorists who hate us because we
did something internationally........

The muslim terrorists would hate us for who we are without
regard for what we did or didn't do internationally.

Those with the $$ make the rules..... we no longer can afford it

Wars are too clean today, the loosers dont know THEY LOST.

Take iraq as a example. It was a bogus war Saddam had no WMD, and
wasnt connected to bin laden. True he was a terrible person, but so
are lots off dictators

Hey saddam next week were attacking if you dont stand down NOW, come
monday morning baghdad will cease to exist. Cruise missles will take
out your city beginning in souther baghdad, emergency supplies for
residents are being dropped now north of the city send your residents
there NOW, and leaflet the city to get their attention

It's odd that while you're seeking to redefine engagement
you apparently don't even understand the weapons or
methods available. Cruise missles are expensive, in limited
supply and are for hitting select targets with stealth and
precision, not carpet bombing entire cities.

Oh and saddam the next city to be leveled will be your hometown, it
will cease to exist next week.

This will go on till you resign and leave.....

Of course the problem with that is the typical despot doesn't
give a rat's ass about the innocent civilians in his own
country. If they did, there wouldn't be the problems in the
first place. Obama is learning that lesson in Libya right
now.

Those that LOST must KNOW THEY LOST.

The trouble with war today its too clean, and thus too protacted,
going on too long costs even more lives.

In some cases that's true. But I think your plan to level
Baghdad would have cost far more lives than have been
lost in the entire Iraq war. Plus, you can't have it both ways.
First you claim that our foreign actions are what's driving
terrorists. Then you propose wiping out Baghdad?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 27, 6:47*am, bob haller wrote:
On May 26, 11:46*pm, "
wrote:

[...]

You really are conflicted. First you said Medicare and Social
Security are completly off the table, which represent a huge
portion of spending. Now you say cut all
spending dramatically.

Increase taxes on super wealthy a extra 10% a year till the deficit is
gone.

Or until the wealth flees the US for better opportunities elsewhere.
Or until the wealthy stop spending, investing and creating jobs,
rolling over the economy into another recession, which in turn
causes all tax revenue to decline and spending to increase
even more. It' bizarre economics to suggest with the economy
barely starting to slowly recover from the worst recession in 80
years that anyone would want to increase taxes. Whether you
believe in Conservative economic principles or liberal Keynsian
ones, almost everyone would agree that is absolutely the wrong
thing to do.

The upper 2% of income earners are paying around 45% of the
total tax burden already. How much is enough for you? Taxing
too little has never been the problem. The problem is spending
too much. You could raise taxes all you want and we'd still have
about the same deficit because politicians would just spend that
too.

doing these 2 will balance the budget

go to fair tax national sales tax and stop using taxes to micro manage
citizens lives- Hide quoted text -

Again, you are contradicting yourself. A national sales tax would
hit
everyone and it is regressive, hitting low income earners harder
than the rich, who only spend a small percent of what they earn.
Actually what is discussed in this area is a VAT tax, but it has
exactly the same problem. There are ways to try to fix that and
a VAT tax instead of an income tax might be worth looking into,
but again the real problem is not that govt doesn't tax enough, but
that it spends way too much.

What was your position on the latest massive addition to govt
spending and micromanaging citizens lives, Obamacare?
Posted to alt.home.repair

SHUCK THAT FIT !
TGITM
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:

we can no longer afford to be the worlds cop

If not us, who?

Or perhaps you prefer no cop at all?

The latter won't happen: power abhors a vacuum.

What do you think is fair costs not just $$ but lives of troops,
families grieving lost members, and terrorists who hate us because we
did something internationally........

Live of the troops is a specious argument. We have a volunteer military and
everyone who joined knew the risks. In that regard, they are in the same
category as race car drivers, mountain climbers, sky divers, and the like.
These volunteers were willing to take the chance of death or injury for the
chance to kill people and blow things up.

The current members of the military are our warrior class. They do what they
were trained to do, what they want to do, what they were BORN to do. The
travel the globe killing people for their country's sake. For their family's
sake. For duty's sake. For honor's sake.

Those with the $$ make the rules..... we no longer can afford it

Wars are too clean today, the loosers dont know THEY LOST.

Take iraq as a example. It was a bogus war Saddam had no WMD, and
wasnt connected to bin laden. True he was a terrible person, but so
are lots off dictators

Agreed. But, like the cop on the beat, just because we can't sanction EVERY
thief doesn't mean we shouldn't sanction the ones we can.

Those that LOST must KNOW THEY LOST.

I agree. Most conflicts cannot be resolved until one side is vanquished.
This business about peace being preferable to armed conflict has given us
Turkey & Cyprus, North & South Korea, North & South Vietnam, Israel & the
Mohammadens, etc.

But sometimes... For example our practical goal in Afghanistan is not to
win, but merely to avoid losing.

The trouble with war today its too clean, and thus too protacted,
going on too long costs even more lives

As I said before, the lives lost is irrelevant. The interesting question is
not that wars take too long to resolve; the issue is WHY they take so long
to resolve. The 1st Iraq war took 100 hours.