DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Small dimmer for ceiling light (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/323695-re-small-dimmer-ceiling-light.html)

DD_BobK May 24th 11 07:47 AM

Small dimmer for ceiling light

On May 23, 12:48*pm, hamish wrote:
I live in a 60s house with a problem. *Normal dimmers will not fit the
switch boxes as they are too large or the the electrical box is too
small. *Any idea where I might find a super slim dimmer switch. *I am
in Canada so that makes it a more difficult solution.
Thanks

My house was built in 1930. The switch boxes are small (most are not
even rectangular in cross section, side to side)

These dimmers fix & seem to work ok. I use the nightlight style to
provide navigation aids & keep the walls cleaner. :)

Lutron AY-600PNL Ariadni Single Pole 600W Dimmer w/ Nightlight
Item #: AY-600PNL

cheers
Bob