DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Clearing a jammed cable stapler (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/323632-clearing-jammed-cable-stapler.html)

Robert Green May 22nd 11 03:17 PM

Clearing a jammed cable stapler

I've got a 4 conductor cable stapler that uses curved top staples (CT-10)
that's jammed. I can't load new staples (the spring slide won't go in far
enough to lock) and the ones apparently jammed in there won't fire. I don't
see an easy way to clear the staple channel, either.

Anyone got any tips for how to clear a jammed strip of staples?

--
Bobby G.

Joe May 23rd 11 02:12 AM

On May 22, 9:17*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
I've got a 4 conductor cable stapler that uses curved top staples (CT-10)
that's jammed. *I can't load new staples (the spring slide won't go in far
enough to lock) and the ones apparently jammed in there won't fire. *I don't
see an easy way to clear the staple channel, either.

Anyone got any tips for how to clear a jammed strip of staples?

--
Bobby G.

Check on line to see if there is operators manual available. These
normally have detailed instructions for clearing jams. Failing that,
call the customer service number (Google it) and ask for their manual
and/or talk to an expert for help. Good luck.

Joe

Robert Green May 26th 11 10:35 PM

"Joe" wrote in message
On May 22, 9:17 am, "Robert Green" wrote:
I've got a 4 conductor cable stapler that uses curved top staples (CT-10)
that's jammed. I can't load new staples (the spring slide won't go in far
enough to lock) and the ones apparently jammed in there won't fire. I

don't
see an easy way to clear the staple channel, either.

Anyone got any tips for how to clear a jammed strip of staples?

--
Bobby G.

Check on line to see if there is operators manual available. These
normally have detailed instructions for clearing jams. Failing that,
call the customer service number (Google it) and ask for their manual
and/or talk to an expert for help. Good luck.

Finally found the Arrow website (www.arrowfastener.com) and they had a
diagram of exactly what screw to pull to open the staple channel. Good
work, Joe! Thanks.

--
Bobby G.