DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   hooked cutting blade (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/323604-hooked-cutting-blade.html)

Steve B[_10_] May 21st 11 05:09 PM

hooked cutting blade

A while back, I got a dispenser of 100 Stanley cutter blades that have a C
hook on both ends of the blade. I would guess they would be for cutting
cordage by hooking the cordage and pulling. Is that it, or are there other
uses?

Steve

Tony Hwang May 21st 11 05:17 PM

hooked cutting blade

Steve B wrote:
A while back, I got a dispenser of 100 Stanley cutter blades that have a C
hook on both ends of the blade. I would guess they would be for cutting
cordage by hooking the cordage and pulling. Is that it, or are there other
uses?

Steve

Hi,
Carpet layers use something like that.

Larry Fishel May 21st 11 07:51 PM

hooked cutting blade

I really wish I'd had one the other day while trying to cut the tape
securing a duct to an air handler (especially in the back)...

Maybe for opening taped boxes...

RonB[_2_] May 21st 11 08:34 PM

hooked cutting blade

On May 21, 11:09*am, "Steve B" wrote:
A while back, I got a dispenser of 100 Stanley cutter blades that have a C
hook on both ends of the blade. *I would guess they would be for cutting
cordage by hooking the cordage and pulling. *Is that it, or are there other
uses?

Steve

Some roofers use them. I never mastered the art with roofing.

RonB

Steve B[_10_] May 22nd 11 12:05 AM

hooked cutting blade

"RonB" wrote in message
On May 21, 11:09 am, "Steve B" wrote:
A while back, I got a dispenser of 100 Stanley cutter blades that have a C
hook on both ends of the blade. I would guess they would be for cutting
cordage by hooking the cordage and pulling. Is that it, or are there other
uses?

Steve

Some roofers use them. I never mastered the art with roofing.

RonB

I have never ever in my life had the urge to be a roofer. Or a mortician.
With each person, there's just some things that one will not do.

Steve

Colbyt May 22nd 11 12:11 AM

hooked cutting blade

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
A while back, I got a dispenser of 100 Stanley cutter blades that have a C
hook on both ends of the blade. I would guess they would be for cutting
cordage by hooking the cordage and pulling. Is that it, or are there other
uses?

Steve

The only hooked blades made for a standard utility knife that I have ever
seen are made for roofing. Mostly to cut the shingle overhang.

I have never mastered the art of using them.

Colbyt

DD_BobK May 22nd 11 05:42 AM

hooked cutting blade

On May 21, 9:09*am, "Steve B" wrote:
A while back, I got a dispenser of 100 Stanley cutter blades that have a C
hook on both ends of the blade. *I would guess they would be for cutting
cordage by hooking the cordage and pulling. *Is that it, or are there other
uses?

Steve

I bought the "large pack" when I needed to remove some linoleum....
they worked well for cutting the linoleum.

They also work on carpet but I use them so seldom I still have way
more than half of them left.

cheers
Bob