Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Building an adjustable tortilla press

Just as I was about to buy a tortilla press, my family gets on a 'wrap
sandwich' kick with those 10-12" wraps. Ii don't see presses that
big-- so I start looking into building one.

Pretty simple to start with-
http://www.curbly.com/chrisjob/posts...tortilla-press

But then I figure If I'm going to cut up either the oak or cherry 5/4
slab in the garage-- I might as well get the most use out of this
thing. So I want to make it adjustable. I'd like to be able to
adjust in 1/16" increments from 1/16 to say 1/2".

I know there has to be a more-or-less simple way to do this, but I'm
drawing a blank.

I've thought of using laminate shims to build up the base. Seems
like a dirt catcher, and kind of in-elegant.

I've been looking at adjustable cabinet hinges, but haven't found any
that adjust more than 5mm & I want at least 12.

Any other ideas? Even if it wasn't for a tortilla press, I'm sure
someone here has passed this way before.

Thanks,
Jim