Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 547 Henry Unipro Embossing Leveler

Am remodeling my basement bathroom and am encountering
a problem with the flooring. I don't ant to lay the
linoleum myself. Contractor wants me to remove existing
vinyl tiles or have them tested for asbestos.

Contractor bid calls for 547 Henry Unipro Embossing Leveler.
If I install this myself, then he'll lay the linoleum
without the tiles being removed. Makes no sense!

Has anyone used this?
Is this a DIY product?
Anything I need to know before I tackle this?

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 26, 9:07*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
Am remodeling my basement bathroom and am encountering
a problem with the flooring. *I don't ant to lay the
linoleum myself. *Contractor wants me to remove existing
vinyl tiles or have them tested for asbestos.

Contractor bid calls for 547 Henry Unipro Embossing Leveler.
If I install this myself, then he'll lay the linoleum
without the tiles being removed. *Makes no sense!

Has anyone used this?
Is this a DIY product?
Anything I need to know before I tackle this?

Dick

even if the tiles do contain asbestos, if you just cover them it won't
be released. Only reason to remove is if they are very uneven, this
will telegraph thru the new flooring. The proposed levelr will cover
the floor to even it out, so no need to remove the old tiles. Get
another contractor who isn't BS ing you.