Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fibre Tool Box

I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 6:20*pm, Paul Ruiz wrote:
I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
*The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

By fibre, do you mean fibreglas, carbon fibre like my ski poles, or
what?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/21/11 5:20 PM, Paul Ruiz wrote:
I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

you might want to post to the comp.dcom.telecom NG
Lots of old Bell people hang out there

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/21/2011 6:20 PM, Paul Ruiz wrote:
I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

Best darn tool cases ever produced. I wouldn't know how to refinish it
but it's something that can be handed down through the generations so
I'd never get rid of it. I wish I had one. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 22, 1:14*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 4/21/2011 6:20 PM, Paul Ruiz wrote:

I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

Best darn tool cases ever produced. I wouldn't know how to refinish it
but it's something that can be handed down through the generations so
I'd never get rid of it. I wish I had one. :-)

So buy one - the company is still around.

fibrecase.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 7:20*pm, Paul Ruiz wrote:
I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
*The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

The manufacturer wants too much info? That sounds like you tried to
fill out an online form. Have you called them on the phone?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2011 8:48 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:14 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 4/21/2011 6:20 PM, Paul Ruiz wrote:

I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

Best darn tool cases ever produced. I wouldn't know how to refinish it
but it's something that can be handed down through the generations so
I'd never get rid of it. I wish I had one. :-)

So buy one - the company is still around.

fibrecase.com

I don't think they're made the same way with the same materials any
longer. I did bookmark the site and start scheming about how to get one. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

After serious thinking RicodJour wrote :
On Apr 21, 7:20*pm, Paul Ruiz wrote:
I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
*The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

The manufacturer wants too much info? That sounds like you tried to
fill out an online form. Have you called them on the phone?

I just sent them an email with the pictures of the tool box,they did
answer my first email,that was nice of them. I repaired many a phone
line with this little box.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 22, 12:33*pm, Paul Ruiz wrote:
RicodJour wrote :
On Apr 21, 7:20*pm, Paul *Ruiz wrote:

I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make
it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material?
*The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can
refinish it.

http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

The manufacturer wants too much info? *That sounds like you tried to
fill out an online form. *Have you called them on the phone?

* I just sent them an email with the pictures of the tool box,they did
answer my first email,that was nice of them. I repaired many a phone
line with this little box.

If you want tech support, you pick up the phone and ask for tech
support. It's by far the easiest and fastest way. Anything else is
just dicking around.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Looks like the same sort of stuff that I had with a Crown Graphic
press camera. I remember taking a rag and some ammonia cleaner to it,
nothing more, just to get the grease/dirt off of it.

Fibre or rubber washers? .newman UK diy 5 August 17th 10 09:17 AM
Fibre washer rant The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 28 January 26th 10 03:36 PM
Outside tap - fibre washers? Part timer UK diy 5 May 15th 08 09:42 AM
Fibre Washers John UK diy 13 July 31st 07 06:50 PM
optic fibre downlighters [email protected] UK diy 0 September 21st 05 06:48 PM