DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Think your data is safe? Think again (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/321599-think-your-data-safe-think-again.html)

LSMFT April 11th 11 03:21 PM

Think your data is safe? Think again

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/seo/beware...19?tag=nl.e539

--
All is as it is.

Smitty Two April 11th 11 03:30 PM

OFT: Think your data is safe? Think again

In article ,
LSMFT wrote:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/seo/beware...ilable-online-
via-indexed-tax-documents/2819?tag=nl.e539

Uh, so the moral of the story is, don't post your private data online. I
don't do that anyway, and I didn't need an "investigative reporter" to
tell me it would be a dumb-ass idea.

David Nebenzahl April 12th 11 12:05 AM

OFT: Think your data is safe? Think again

On 4/11/2011 7:30 AM Smitty Two spake thus:

In article ,
LSMFT wrote:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/seo/beware...ilable-online-
via-indexed-tax-documents/2819?tag=nl.e539

Uh, so the moral of the story is, don't post your private data online. I
don't do that anyway, and I didn't need an "investigative reporter" to
tell me it would be a dumb-ass idea.

Yep. That article has to be almost as brain-damaged as those
instructions I've seen printed on auto windshield shades:

REMOVE BEFORE DRIVING

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang
where
here
l8tr
by

- from Usenet (what's *that*?)

Hell Toupee[_4_] April 13th 11 02:02 PM

On 4/11/2011 9:21 AM, LSMFT wrote:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/seo/beware...19?tag=nl.e539

In a nutshell: your data isn't safe and secure if you're stupid enough
to put it online.

But it took the author of the article a whole lot more paragraphs of
dancing around to get to that point.