DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cleaning Electric Baseboard Heat Registers (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/321587-cleaning-electric-baseboard-heat-registers.html)

NobodyImportant April 11th 11 05:44 AM

Cleaning Electric Baseboard Heat Registers

Does anyone know if it\'s safe to use multi-surface cleaning chemicals on
heat registers? I\'m talking about the top/deflector part, where dust
builds up, not the actual heating elements. I was worried about them being
flammable, and I\'m not sure if I\'m being paranoid or not.

Ed Pawlowski[_2_] April 11th 11 10:50 AM

Cleaning Electric Baseboard Heat Registers

"NobodyImportant" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know if it\'s safe to use multi-surface cleaning chemicals on
heat registers? I\'m talking about the top/deflector part, where dust
builds up, not the actual heating elements. I was worried about them being
flammable, and I\'m not sure if I\'m being paranoid or not.

Yes, you are being paranoid. Most cleaners are over 90% water. Baseboard
heaters don't get hot enough to ignite flammable chemicals either.