Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sunken driveway

My mother's house is 55 yrs. old.

Her driveway has sunken and I am wondering why.

Maybe it is the water supply from the city ?

As in the void from the water supply ?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 3, 7:41*pm, Andy wrote:
My mother's house is 55 yrs. old.

Her driveway has sunken and I am wondering why.

Maybe it is the water supply from the city ?

As in the void from the water supply ?

The driveway was probably installed over a poorly prepared base like
the half assed grading common to many new subdivisions. Over time it
has compacted, especially if they used trash in the fill, another
common mistake. Your options are a) tear it up and do it right or b)
get someone to probe the surrounding soil for voids and then tear it
up and do it over. Whichever, good luck.

Joe

Sunken Driveway Slab @ Garage Door jaygreg Home Repair 7 April 6th 11 11:29 PM
Sunken driveway Andy[_17_] Home Repair 4 April 5th 11 09:03 PM
Sunken living room cln Home Repair 8 September 11th 07 01:53 PM
Sunken deck beam -- what to do? [email protected] Home Repair 5 May 17th 05 05:37 PM
sunken bricks in patio ydaoc Home Repair 1 February 25th 05 10:50 PM