DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE pays no income tax (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/321052-re-ge-pays-no-income-tax.html)

tmclone March 30th 11 04:54 PM

GE pays no income tax

On Mar 29, 11:33*am, "
wrote:
On Mar 29, 10:53*am, Country wrote:

The other problem with the whole Walmart bashing is that there is
no better solution to free markets. * To try to stop Walmart from
selling those $3 hammers would require slapping on tarriffs. *And
then the foreign govts just do likewise and slap on tarriffs against
the likes of Intel or Boeing, which are major American exporters.
It's like trying to limit the internet, or shovel crap against the
tide.-

There already ARE tariffs in the form of customs duty on products from
the USA shipped to most overseas countries. My overseas clients pay
10%-35% extra to buy my USA made products. But...since they can't get
them locally, they still come out ahead.