Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 12 mil laminate

I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of laminate is
12 mil?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2011 10:21 AM, don &/or Lucille wrote:
I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of laminate is
12 mil?

All of it!

12 mil is almost a half inch (25.4 mil/inch), quite thick for laminate
flooring.

Jeff
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 28, 9:21*am, "don &/or Lucille"
wrote:
I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of laminate is
12 mil?

Do you mean 12 mm (millimeters)? In trade jargon a mil is 0.001" so
0.012" would be rather thin.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

wrote:
I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of laminate
is
12 mil?

Do you mean 12 mm (millimeters)? In trade jargon a mil is 0.001" so
0.012" would be rather thin.

That could be the thickness of the laminate coating on top of the MDF board.
The OP needs to clarify his measurements or what he is talking about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2011 11:13 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 3/28/2011 10:21 AM, don &/or Lucille wrote:
I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of
laminate is
12 mil?

All of it!

12 mil is almost a half inch (25.4 mil/inch), quite thick for laminate
flooring.

I am assumed mm, but I copied the mil. My mistake, and probably the
ops as well.

All the laminate I've seen is speced in total thickness and in mm.

Jeff

Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2011 12:43 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 3/28/2011 11:13 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 3/28/2011 10:21 AM, don &/or Lucille wrote:
I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of
laminate is
12 mil?

All of it!

12 mil is almost a half inch (25.4 mil/inch), quite thick for laminate
flooring.

I am assumed mm, but I copied the mil. My mistake, and probably the ops
as well.

All the laminate I've seen is speced in total thickness and in mm.

Jeff

Jeff

I believe one mil is one thousandth of an inch. If so, 12 mil, about
the thickness of 4 sheets of paper would probably just refer to the
surface thickness of the laminate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2011 1:18 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/28/2011 12:43 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 3/28/2011 11:13 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 3/28/2011 10:21 AM, don &/or Lucille wrote:
I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of
laminate is
12 mil?

All of it!

12 mil is almost a half inch (25.4 mil/inch), quite thick for laminate
flooring.

I am assumed mm, but I copied the mil. My mistake, and probably the ops
as well.

All the laminate I've seen is speced in total thickness and in mm.

Jeff

Jeff

I believe one mil is one thousandth of an inch. If so, 12 mil, about the
thickness of 4 sheets of paper would probably just refer to the surface
thickness of the laminate.

That seems like a reasonable number for the photographic layer, so
perhaps.

But I see that 12mm laminate is not uncommon (not that I've seen it),
so it seems more likely the OP is mistaken.

Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2011 5:46 PM, Johnl wrote:
I installed 12 mil laminate last year. It is very close to 1/2 inch. thick.

I just did one googling and saw Armstrong laminates were nearly a half inch.
I still think mil is one thousandth of an inch or folks are mixing mil
and mm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ok it's mm eople just call it mil
"don &/or Lucille" wrote in message
I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of laminate
is 12 mil?

Can I laminate over laminate L C Woodworking 12 September 23rd 06 10:27 PM
laminate Tim Taylor Woodworking 3 July 12th 06 02:58 PM
New over old (laminate) Henry St.Pierre Woodworking 12 May 10th 06 08:38 PM
Laminate Coach UK diy 1 May 19th 05 10:51 AM