Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dear Whoever:

I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on
topic, is spelled correctly, or some other minute detail.

I would like to inform you that the post of Netnanny is already filled. It
is held by Newton Fillmore, in Pacoima, California, although Mr. Fillmore is
currently in a coma, and has been for three years, eight months now. We
just could not bring ourselves to demote him without a proper hearing and
him being present.

Please be advised that there are currently over 500 applicants and wannabes
for the position. That does not include people like yourself who have
broken with protocol and currently act like they are in the cherished
position.

If and when and if ever the post becomes available, you will be required to
write an essay of no longer than 1500 words, single spaced, using the words
there, they're, their, your, you're, and any others you can come up with in
as many incorrect grammatical situations as possible.

You must also describe the difference between "lose" and "loose" in 25 words
or less.

You must also include the reason that gives you the lifelong right to hold
this post, and review the rest of humanity on its daily heretofore
unobserved unsupervised act of Usenet Posting.

Steve
3rd Pooh-Bah and Grand Mucky Muck
of the Society of Netnannies.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well; aisle gest have two kwit wit mah ambishuns too be a
net nanni. Hit's a gunna be a heart day in town two knight.
Eye will adjust half two kraii my self too sheep two
knight!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:31:10 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

[...]

Pshaw! The difference is easy to describe -- one word has only one
"o." Can I please be the next Netnanny? Please, Please, please! Just
tell me the hospital and room number of good ole Newt' and I'll be
happy to pull his plug!

You must also include the reason that gives you the lifelong right to hold
this post, and review the rest of humanity on its daily heretofore
unobserved unsupervised act of Usenet Posting.

Steve
3rd Pooh-Bah and Grand Mucky Muck
of the Society of Netnannies.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

news
wrote:

[...]

Your request is duly and officially recorded, but filed in the usual secret
mayonnaise jar near where the old elm tree used to be in Newton's back yard.
If something suspicious does happen to old Newt, I imagine the police are
going to want to see the list of suspects ........... errrrrrr applicants

It's surprising how someone would kill for a job that pays nothing, but
involves a lot of power.

Kind of like politics ...........

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

news
wrote:

Steve
3rd Pooh-Bah and Grand Mucky Muck
of the Society of Netnannies.

taint the subject 'sposed to whomever; instead of whoever wink

Guess it might make sense to some dumb cluck trying to enforce ethereal
newsgroup etiquette .............................

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 17:07:48 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:13:05 -0500, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Pshaw!

Talk like that. You have to be a Yankee.

Mostly spoken above the Mason–Dixon Line.

Maybe I shoulda sed, "Aw shucks, Ma, I knows the anser to that'n!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Steve
3rd Pooh-Bah and Grand Mucky Muck
of the Society of Netnannies.

taint the subject 'sposed to whomever; instead of whoever wink

My reminder as to which is correct is to replace the word Who with He,
and Whom with Him (see the M at the end of Him and Whom).
Who is He?
Whom does this belong to? It belongs to Him.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 26, 12:31*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on
topic, is spelled correctly, or some other minute detail.

It would be so funny if you were one of those "English is our National
Language" types right now...

Gotta love it... Who cares if you can't put together a simple
sentence, as long as it's in English?