Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sprinkler System - Two stations come on at the same time

I bought this house 3 years ago with the sprinkler system already
installed, so I don't know much about it. It has worked for the last
few years. Now when I run station #2 another station (#3) always
comes on with it. When I run station #3 it runs by itself and station
#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. Please help with your ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. Please help with your ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi,
If it is auto programmable control unit it may be faulty.
Did you try basic factory default setting?

#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. Please help with your ideas.

Remove power from the control box. Wait 30 seconds or 10 minutes and
reconnect the power.

If you can't get the instructions for your brand of sprinkler, get
instructions for other brands. It's probably like other products
where one company akes more than one brand or at least one company
makes the logic modules for more than one brand.

Thanks,
Aaron

#2 remains off. *All other stations run as expected. *I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. *Please help with your ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

Sounds like some adjacent noise is tripping the triac on #3. You may
have to replace the controller. Do you have stations that are not
being used? If so you could switch #3 to one of the unsed stations.

#2 remains off. *All other stations run as expected. *I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. *Please help with your ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

Sounds like some adjacent noise is tripping the triac on #3. *You may
have to replace the controller. *Do you have stations that are not
being used? *If so you could switch #3 to one of the unsed stations.

I'd put a volt meter on the wires to the zones with the zone wires]
disconnected to find out if the problem is originating at the
controller.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the suggestions. I will use them in the next few days to
try to solve the problem. It is a raintree automated controller, so I
will start there. I am glad to start there since I have no idea where
any of the valves are.

#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. Please help with your ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

I'd try moving the #2 wire over to #4 position (zone) on the
controller and see if you get the same problem.

Or as suggested reset the controller (pull power cord and battery).

On many controllers, pulling the backup battery will wipe out the
memory. So OP will have to figure out how to reprogram it. Given the
paucity of operator interface buttons, each button has approximately
19,000 different functions, depending on which buttons are pushed before
it and after it. Not impossible to suss it out without a manual, but
does require some focus and a bit of logic. Oddly, 99% of people have
zero logic skill.

#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. Please help with your ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

Originally, I thought that you were talking about fire sprinklers and
didn't know how you were testing them without flooding the house.
Since many states are requiring sprinkler systems in new houses, I
thought you were one of the firsts to install them.
No one answering mentioned that fact, so I now assume you are talking
about lawn sprinklers.
Silly me.
..

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Only thing I can figure, is that he's talking about fire
sprinklers.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"willshak" wrote in message
m...

#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do
not know

.

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Only thing I can figure, is that he's talking about fire
sprinklers.

--
Christopher A. Young

I sure would never have thought that.

#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. Please help with your ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

It might help to give a little more information - brand, model number...
Otherwise a generic question can at best get a generic answer...
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just had the problem that zones 1 and 5 were going off together. I replaced the controller - same problem. Hunter suggested cleaning out valve / diaphragm - I did, but again same problem. Someone along the way described how a nicked wire made their system go berserk. I replaced the entire wire between the controller and valves. Voila and done !!!😀😀😀😀😀

#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know

#2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know
where to begin troubleshooting. Please help with your ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

Was there a point to re-posting this from years ago?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 2:29:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I just had the problem that zones 1 and 5 were going off together. I replaced the controller - same problem. Hunter suggested cleaning out valve / diaphragm - I did, but again same problem. Someone along the way described how a nicked wire made their system go berserk. I replaced the entire wire between the controller and valves. Voila and done !!!😀😀😀😀😀

But I have the same problem. If I turn on valve in the manifold box, #2 still comes on when #3 runs. So it's not the controller. DId this ever get solved?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:12:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 2:29:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I just had the problem that zones 1 and 5 were going off together. I replaced the controller - same problem. Hunter suggested cleaning out valve / diaphragm - I did, but again same problem. Someone along the way described how a nicked wire made their system go berserk. I replaced the entire wire between the controller and valves. Voila and done !!!😀😀😀😀😀

But I have the same problem. If I turn on valve in the manifold box, #2 still comes on when #3 runs. So it's not the controller. DId this ever get solved?

IDK, if what you're saying is that when you manually turn on the valve
for zone 3 then zone 2 comes on at the same time, sounds very strange.
What happens when you manually turn on 2? Only thing left I can see
would be that something is wrong with zone valve for 3, so that when
the pressure drops with zone 2 coming on, it triggers it to go on.
Does it only trigger when #3 is on, but not when #1 is on?