DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Everlast Composite Siding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/320548-everlast-composite-siding.html)

JordanCN March 20th 11 06:28 PM

Everlast Composite Siding

I have cedar boards on my house now that were installed poorly. I
don't ever want to deal with painting again after having to pay for a
paint job on this house and also still have to paint it myself twice
in the past 10 years.

I don't see any vinyl that I like and the Hardie composites still need
painting. I see something from Norandex called Everlast siding. It
is a thick vinyl plank with the color all the way through and has a
wood grain texture. It is being installed by a local rep in New
England where I live.

http://everlastsidingnewengland.com/

From what I am reading on their site it is clear that this is very new
for New England, but it has been installed elsewhere in the country
for years. I am just not sure how many. On the downside I can't seem
to find any reviews that are impartial, however on the positive side I
can't find any negative information on it when I google things like
scam, fraud, complaints, etc.

This stuff looks like it is exactly what I want but would like some
impartial opinions. Also, I know what kind of questions to ask a
vinyl or composite siding installer, but have no clue what to ask
these guys.

aemeijers March 20th 11 06:48 PM

Everlast Composite Siding

On 3/20/2011 2:28 PM, JordanCN wrote:
I have cedar boards on my house now that were installed poorly. I
don't ever want to deal with painting again after having to pay for a
paint job on this house and also still have to paint it myself twice
in the past 10 years.

I don't see any vinyl that I like and the Hardie composites still need
painting. I see something from Norandex called Everlast siding. It
is a thick vinyl plank with the color all the way through and has a
wood grain texture. It is being installed by a local rep in New
England where I live.

http://everlastsidingnewengland.com/

From what I am reading on their site it is clear that this is very new
for New England, but it has been installed elsewhere in the country
for years. I am just not sure how many. On the downside I can't seem
to find any reviews that are impartial, however on the positive side I
can't find any negative information on it when I google things like
scam, fraud, complaints, etc.

This stuff looks like it is exactly what I want but would like some
impartial opinions. Also, I know what kind of questions to ask a
vinyl or composite siding installer, but have no clue what to ask
these guys.

Please post back when you find out prices. I looked at their website,
and it looks very interesting, like a close cousin to plastic deck
boards, but it also looks expensive as hell. I priced getting Hardie put
on this place, and they wanted 1/5 the value of the house. That ain't
gonna happen.

--
aem sends...

Alex F November 8th 12 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aemeijers (Post 2614280)
On 3/20/2011 2:28 PM, JordanCN wrote:
I have cedar boards on my house now that were installed poorly. I
don't ever want to deal with painting again after having to pay for a
paint job on this house and also still have to paint it myself twice
in the past 10 years.

I don't see any vinyl that I like and the Hardie composites still need
painting. I see something from Norandex called Everlast siding. It
is a thick vinyl plank with the color all the way through and has a
wood grain texture. It is being installed by a local rep in New
England where I live.

Composite Siding Everlast in Massachusetts & New England

From what I am reading on their site it is clear that this is very new
[...]

We were quoted on both Hardie and Everlast. Everlast is approximately $10K more than the fiber cement.

Alex F November 8th 12 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aemeijers (Post 2614280)
On 3/20/2011 2:28 PM, JordanCN wrote:
I have cedar boards on my house now that were installed poorly. I
don't ever want to deal with painting again after having to pay for a
paint job on this house and also still have to paint it myself twice
in the past 10 years.

I don't see any vinyl that I like and the Hardie composites still need
painting. I see something from Norandex called Everlast siding. It
is a thick vinyl plank with the color all the way through and has a
wood grain texture. It is being installed by a local rep in New
England where I live.

Composite Siding Everlast in Massachusetts & New England

From what I am reading on their site it is clear that this is very new
[...]

We were quoted on both Hardie and Everlast. Everlast is approximately $10K more than the fiber cement. The advantage of Everlast is that the color goes all the way through - but it can still be repainted if you should want to change the color. I have read many reviews on Hardie that are not favorable - the color is baked on but in several complaints the paint was peeling in a short period of time.