Posted to alt.home.repair

Default clenaing pennies didn't work.

On 2/26/2011 11:58 PM, mm wrote:
So I had some dirty pennies, plus one each of a nickel, dime, and
quarter, that were dark or had white or even blue stuff on them. Some
had been sitting in water somewhere maybe.

And following the dictum, google is your friend, I didn't ask here
what to do, but looked it up How to clean dirty pennies, dimes.

And it said use vinegar and salt, and I did, and the worst ones look
better now, but the rest of them look worse!! They all have white
"powder" stuck to them, and it doesn't come off. So I rinsed them in
water again (even though I'd rinsed them plenty after the vinegar.)

BTW, none of the pennies came out shiny, like the web pages said it
would

Is it because I didn't use white vinegar? I used cider vinegar.
Surely that's okay. Not enough salt.

What should I do now? Can I take them to the bank and then it will be
the bank's problem? What about the mint? Don't I owe society more
than that?

I'm going to buy some Cherry Zero Coke tomorrow. Will that help? Do
I have to omit the Cherry? (I remember that diet works as well as
with sugar)

Thanks.

what about this one?
http://www.howtocleanthings.com/how-...an-pennies.htm

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

dilbert firestorm wrote:
On 2/26/2011 11:58 PM, mm wrote:
[...]

Tubling will make the pennies shiny brand new.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 18, 11:31*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
dilbert firestorm wrote:
On 2/26/2011 11:58 PM, mm wrote:
[...]

NO NO, COMET OR AJAX WILL CLEAN THEM GOOD AS NEW, BUT DONT OVER DO IT
IF YOU ARE A COLLECTOR......THIS POST GIVES A NEW MEANING TO "PENNY
FOR YOUR THOUGHTS"
TGITM
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Tony Hwang wrote:

dilbert firestorm wrote:
On 2/26/2011 11:58 PM, mm wrote:
[...]

Tony, WTF is your story, really? You claim to be an engineer who's been
in the U.S for something like 45 years. Yet you're almost illiterate
with English, you tend to offer the most useless feedback, you type like
a drunken baboon late at night, often in word salads or sentences
truncated in the middle as though you've slumped off at the keyboard,
and here you are responding to a thread from February.

So 'fess up. I'm guessing you're a one-legged, one-eyed, seven-fingered
janitor in a prison psychiatric hospital, accessing usenet from a vacuum
tube fired PDA. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 19, 2:01*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*Tony Hwang wrote:

dilbert firestorm wrote:
On 2/26/2011 11:58 PM, mm wrote:
[...]

THAT, OR SOME HAS BEEN SPIKING HIS CHERRY COKE.

TGITM

Pennies Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 11 September 28th 09 10:27 PM
Pennies in the Fuse Box yeeha Home Repair 28 August 28th 06 07:41 AM
A few pennies here and there... Martin Angove UK diy 32 March 18th 06 03:09 PM
Cleaning pennies for treasure chest Blue Home Repair 40 July 2nd 05 09:41 AM