DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Snow shovel release (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/318530-snow-shovel-release.html)

notbob[_4_] February 9th 11 07:14 PM

Snow shovel release

I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

nb

Michael Dobony February 9th 11 07:28 PM

Snow shovel release

On 9 Feb 2011 19:14:44 GMT, notbob wrote:

I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

nb

Automotive wax or ski wax

N8N February 9th 11 07:30 PM

Snow shovel release

On Feb 9, 2:14*pm, notbob wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. *Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. *Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? *Thnx.

nb *

I've used PAM cooking spray before, but if there's something better
I'd like to know!

nate

HeyBub[_3_] February 9th 11 08:37 PM

Snow shovel release

notbob wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

Yes. Wax or silicon spray should help.

DerbyDad03 February 9th 11 09:11 PM

Snow shovel release

On Feb 9, 2:14*pm, notbob wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. *Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. *Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? *Thnx.

nb *

I've been using this on my snowblower chute for no other reason than I
found it in my garage. (I think I got it in a give-away package at
some event some time ago)

http://media.sullivancommercial.com/products/749930.gif

I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems to work. I blew some
heavy slushy stuff the other day and didn't get one clog.

Pavel314[_2_] February 9th 11 09:52 PM

Snow shovel release

On Feb 9, 2:14*pm, notbob wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. *Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. *Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? *Thnx.

nb *

I've heard that WD40 works but never tried it myself.

LSMFT[_2_] February 10th 11 12:00 AM

Snow shovel release

notbob wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

nb

Most anything works but all wear off quickly.

aemeijers February 10th 11 12:00 AM

Snow shovel release

On 2/9/2011 3:37 PM, HeyBub wrote:
notbob wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

Yes. Wax or silicon spray should help.

I've had good luck with Pam cooking spray, or the store brand knockoff
thereof.

--
aem sends....

Tegger[_3_] February 10th 11 12:22 AM

Snow shovel release

notbob wrote in news:8rg7d4FkttU3
@mid.individual.net:

I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

If the snow is that wet and heavy, I just give the blade a kick with each
scoop.

--
Tegger

aemeijers February 10th 11 03:04 AM

Snow shovel release

On 2/9/2011 4:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 9, 2:14 pm, wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

nb

I've been using this on my snowblower chute for no other reason than I
found it in my garage. (I think I got it in a give-away package at
some event some time ago)

http://media.sullivancommercial.com/products/749930.gif

I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems to work. I blew some
heavy slushy stuff the other day and didn't get one clog.

I've never used anything on my snowblower in 4.5 years, and never had a
clog. Of course, I avoid snow that I know contains salt, and blow it out
with the leaf blower at the end of every session, before I drive it back
into the garage. Only time I ever almost clogged it was when it ate a
bagged newspaper that was buried in a snow drift. I felt it lug, and let
go of the auger handle, and was able to pull it out before it jammed hard.

--
aem sends...

[email protected] February 10th 11 05:20 AM

Snow shovel release

On 9 Feb 2011 19:14:44 GMT, notbob wrote:

I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

Leave the shovel outside so it stays cold. Also, keep it clean.

mm February 10th 11 01:54 PM

Snow shovel release

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 11:30:29 -0800 (PST), N8N
wrote:

On Feb 9, 2:14*pm, notbob wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. *Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. *Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? *Thnx.

nb *

I've used PAM cooking spray before, but if there's something better
I'd like to know!

nate

I've been using PAM for 27 years. A roommate left a big can behind,
and for the first couple years, I also used it to cook with on
occasion, but I stopped that, and I only use it for snow shoveling.

I'm on the same can.

It always works but not always great but it certainly worked great
this last time.

Harry K February 10th 11 03:34 PM

Snow shovel release

On Feb 9, 4:00*pm, LSMFT wrote:
notbob wrote:
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large
capacity spade. *Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a
lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. *Is there some sorta wax or
silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? *Thnx.

nb

Most anything works but all wear off quickly.

Especially on my driveway - gravel. Not a speck of paint left in the
chute after only a few uses. No spray is going to help when the
gravel is rattling up the chute :). I have only had a few plugs and
that always from teh slushy snow berm the state is so kind to donate
to me.

Harry K