Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hairy mold on concrete?

If we shine UV light through the London Fog, will our own
hairy go away?

Since you find the light works. Maybe rig it to a lamp
timer, and run the lamp from 2 AM to 5 AM when no one will
be affected by the UV light.

Spraying on some Clorox bleach may also help.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"bob" wrote in message
A few weeks ago a pipe burst in my garage and had a slow
leak (drips) which
I didn't detect for weeks. The wall and a raised concrete
area were soaked.
I let a fan blew on that area for a few days. The wall (wood
and drywall)
seems to be dry.

Later on, little dots of dark mold grew on the paper on the
drywall. These
are easily removed with bleach.

But there are also white hairy mold growing out of the
concrete! If I shine
an ultraviolet light on them for a few days they disappear.
If I remove the
light they grow back. In some area the mold grow so dense it
looks like
coral reef in air.

It's very strange because firstly, I thought the concrete
has dried.
Secondly, other than water, what's there for the mold to
eat?

I turn the uvc light back on. When the white mold disappear,
I plan to clean
that concrete area with bleach to see if that would prevent
them from
growing back when I remove the light. Is there a better
solution?

I don't go examine that area very often to avoid unnecessary
exposure to
mold.