DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sump Pumps, run them once a month so the bearings don't seize (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/316678-sump-pumps-run-them-once-month-so-bearings-dont-seize.html)

Mark January 7th 11 02:50 AM

Sump Pumps, run them once a month so the bearings don't seize

that's my tip for the day...

if you have a sump pump, run the motor for a few seconds at least once
a month to keep the bearings from seizing up.

cheers

Mark

Jerry - OHIO January 9th 11 04:05 AM

Sump Pumps, run them once a month so the bearings don't seize

Why would the bearings seize ??????????????????????????????????

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

ransley[_2_] January 9th 11 09:45 AM

On Jan 6, 8:50*pm, Mark wrote:
that's my tip for the day...

if you have a sump pump, run the motor for a few seconds at least once
a month to keep the bearings from seizing up.

cheers

Mark

I have Pedistal pumps 50- yrs old that run, the pumps have sleeve
brass bearings and cant seize, I do oil the motor bearings.

Jerry - OHIO January 11th 11 07:54 AM

Sump Pumps, run them once a month so the bearings don't seize

The motor is sealed with oil. The oil only gets 'GUNKY' if water has got
in. Mine is 41years old and it is fine.
See if yours says'MADE IN CHINA OR JAPAN'???

Jerry - OHIO January 11th 11 07:59 AM

Sump Pumps, run them once a month so the bearings don't seize

If it was installed by builder you need to replace it now !
If You bought junk you have junk