Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Getting a Sharpie Pen to Flow Again?

I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Jan 4, 9:33*pm, "W. eWatson" wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

"Anyone got a tried and true method?"

Buy a new one.

Yeah, no kidding. A box of ten costs a couple of dollars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 9:33 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

Are Sharpies water-based now? I thought they were like magic markers,
which you can sometimes bring back to life with an eyedropper full of
alcohol. (The real stuff, not the watered-down 'rubbing alcohol'.)

--
aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

W. eWatson wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave
for 5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to
put it in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing
more was offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real
goner.)

Did you try WD-40?

Not that I think it will work, it's just closer to working than duct tape or
vice grips.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 4, 8:33*pm, "W. eWatson" wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

I have used alcohol with success. Someone suggested an eyedropper,
but I wouldn't put the whole thing in at once. A couple drops, then
cap the pen and store it point down, maybe tap the cap a few times
against a hard surface. If that doesn't do it, a few more drops.

I agree with the comment to buy a new one, but I have been in a
situation where I needed a marker right away, and this was the only
option.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 4, 10:30*pm, " wrote:
On Jan 4, 8:33*pm, "W. eWatson" wrote:

I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

I have used alcohol with success. *Someone suggested an eyedropper,
but I wouldn't put the whole thing in at once. *A couple drops, then
cap the pen and store it point down, maybe tap the cap a few times
against a hard surface. *If that doesn't do it, a few more drops.

I agree with the comment to buy a new one, but I have been in a
situation where I needed a marker right away, and this was the only
option.

You should have bought 2 the last time you went shopping.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 8:33 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

I'd just pull out a new one from the box of ten in the office.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 6:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 4, 9:33 pm, "W. wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

"Anyone got a tried and true method?"

Buy a new one.

I knew I overlooked something.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Jan 4, 9:33 pm, "W. wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

"Anyone got a tried and true method?"

Buy a new one.

What, no warranty?

What no one is up to a challenge. Too much food for the holidays. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rubbing alcohol works fine. I put about a teaspoonful in a small paper
cup, and left the put the fine point pen in it for an hour.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 8:33 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave
for 5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to
put it in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing
more was offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

We used to dip the exposed tip in acetone (nail polish remover) for a
couple of minutes. If there's any ink left and the tip had just dried
out, that will usually get a bit more usage out of the marker.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote in
:

wrote:

W. eWatson wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave
for 5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to
put it in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but
nothing more was offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real
goner.)

Did you try WD-40?

Not that I think it will work, it's just closer to working than duct
tape or vice grips.

TFF

the problem is that the ink's solvent has dried up.
You can drill a hole in the far end,inject some solvent in there,give it a
short time to work,then the pen will write again.

from Google;
The principle solvents are alcohols, but they also contain ethylene glycol
monobutyl ether.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

W. eWatson wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave
for 5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to
put it in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing
more was offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real
goner.)

Did you try WD-40?

Not that I think it will work, it's just closer to working than duct
tape or vice grips.

Damn you're good! I hope someday I will have such logic & foresight.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"W. eWatson" wrote in news:ig0lad$14r$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

Stand point down on cement. Whack top end wih hammer. Next step obvious.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 11:22*am, Red Green wrote:
"W. eWatson" wrote in news:ig0lad$14r$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

Stand point down on cement. Whack top end wih hammer. Next step obvious.

Are you talking about the Sharpie or something else?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 9:03 PM, RobertPatrick wrote:
"W. wrote in
:

I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

Set it in a glass point down (keep the cap on). Gravity will do the trick.
You should be able to write with it. I'm nursing along one right now that
I can write a few words after the treatment.

Interesting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2011 9:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 5, 11:22 am, Red wrote:
"W. wrote in news:ig0lad$14r$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave for
5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to put it
in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but nothing more was
offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real goner.)

Stand point down on cement. Whack top end wih hammer. Next step obvious.

Are you talking about the Sharpie or something else?

His finger? :-)

Caution with the rubbing alcohol. If left in the fluid too long, the ink
will start draining out very slowly. Over done and it could suck it all
out.

Coolant flow Joseph Gwinn Metalworking 0 May 27th 10 01:23 AM
Want to CA$H flow? KiminKansasCity Home Repair 1 December 13th 07 03:30 AM
Dura-Flow or Cura-Flow repiping. Ever heard of them? Andy Asberry Home Repair 0 April 2nd 07 03:15 AM
Flow & Return or Return & Flow Centrral Heating Digby UK diy 6 April 23rd 06 04:17 PM
Low flow bowl to a normal flow tank for toliet. Can I do this? mark Ransley Home Repair 11 November 28th 03 07:20 PM