Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wives don't understand home repair.

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Jan 3, 12:57*pm, Harry K wrote:
On Jan 3, 9:02*am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Dec 23 2010, 10:32*am, Smitty Two
wrote

:

In article

, *Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Lately, he's been rearranging the shop so he can
hook up the Grizzly band saw I got him for
Christmas.

You must be in a different time zone. It's only 23 Dec. in
California

.

Dual birthday-Christmas present. *I'm not made of money,
after all.

He had a nice week off between Christmas and New Years
puttering around the shop. *(When he wasn't making
multiple repairs to garage doors. *It's really not fair
that his opener should fail just days after my spring
broke. *Stupid plastic gear.)

Cindy

Up here near Spokane, Wa we have been under an Arctic high, temps
down near zero with highs only mid teens for over a week. *Garage
door failed right off when I was clearing a snow drift. *Had to
disconnect the opener. *It would only start to close then reverse.
*Got a break in the weather yesterday and checked it out.
Cleaned sensors, check this check that.

Discoverd that it worked just fine as long as kept my boot out of the
sensor path.

Doesn't take much to keep this senior citizen amused

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

Has the temp risen since the failure?

If my GDO (no sensors) is right on the edge of the down or up force
required for "decent" weather, it will sometimes balk (in one or the
other direction) when it gets cold. Things stiffen up a bit and the U/
D force settings sense an obstruction and do their thing.

I set mine a little stronger in the winter and then lighten them up in
the spring.

Well the Possum Van is having cold weather isuues as well.

Drivers door won't open from the inside when it's cold. Window won't roll
down without pushing down on it in just the right spot while turning
handle (yea, remember mechanical windows). Worked fine in NC.

Yes, I really do have an old van that has a poor chance of passing next
inspection - blad rear tires, broken windshield, always on seat belt
light, flashing Air Bag light, leaky main seal, slipping tranny...