Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Impedance matching

Hi,

This is offtopic, but related to home improvement and this is where I
get my best information.

I want to connect my ipod - amp - speaker selector - speakers

My amp is 4 Ohms (Pyle PTAU45)

My speakers are 4 Ohms (Pyle PWRC51)

But the speaker selector that I want to buy (Pyle PSS6) says "with
speakers systems that are 8 Ohms minimum".

The tech guy at Pyle says that this is an OK configuration. Since I
don't know anything about impedance matching and this seems to
contradict the description, I'd like to ask here!

Many thanks in advance!

Sam