DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Culligan HF-360 water sediment filter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/314507-culligan-hf-360-water-sediment-filter.html)

Davej December 1st 10 12:10 AM

Culligan HF-360 water sediment filter

Anyone have experience with this filter? I'm curious if I will have
any regrets about it. It's plastic but it looks sturdy. I plan to
install it on the 40psi side of my regulator to trap the bit of brown
silt that I am seeing in my basement faucets. I'm the last house on
the water line on this street.

Thanks.

Caesar Romano December 1st 10 12:24 AM

Culligan HF-360 water sediment filter

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:10:37 -0800 (PST), Davej
wrote Re Culligan HF-360 water sediment filter:

Anyone have experience with this filter? I'm curious if I will have
any regrets about it. It's plastic but it looks sturdy. I plan to
install it on the 40psi side of my regulator to trap the bit of brown
silt that I am seeing in my basement faucets. I'm the last house on
the water line on this street.

Thanks.

It should work fine.

Frank[_13_] December 1st 10 01:23 AM

On 11/30/2010 7:10 PM, Davej wrote:
Anyone have experience with this filter? I'm curious if I will have
any regrets about it. It's plastic but it looks sturdy. I plan to
install it on the 40psi side of my regulator to trap the bit of brown
silt that I am seeing in my basement faucets. I'm the last house on
the water line on this street.

Thanks.

I've got an Aqua-Pure which looks similar but has piped by-pass.
Had plumber install after I had problems with old unit of different
make. By-pass was built in but leaked as did it's replacement of the
same make.

Plastic is fine and probably all like this take similar cartridges.
On old one, I did drop the plastic housing and it broke and I had to
replace. I also had installed on basement ceiling so it was an 8 ft.
drop. New one is on wall.