Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need fast drying grout for bathroom tiles in shower/tub area

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 7:25*pm, "Steven L." wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. *But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. *That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. *I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? *It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

splash around in the sink for 36 hours.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steven L. wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above
the bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said
that it has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible,
unless I moved to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day,
and that's the only bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square
feet of tile that needs to be regrouted.

1. Take bath instead of shower.
2. Cover grout with a spare shower curtain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steven L. wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above
the bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said
that it has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible,
unless I moved to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day,
and that's the only bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square
feet of tile that needs to be regrouted.

Just tape plastic over the area.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2010 7:25 PM, Steven L. wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it has
to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved to a
hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

I second the sink bath idea. It's just a couple days.. jeeeezzeee.....

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Steven L." wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Yer jokin', right? If you can't live without a shower for 36 hrs, you
should just shoot yourself now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:11:17 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
"Steven L." wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Yer jokin', right? If you can't live without a shower for 36 hrs, you
should just shoot yourself now.

Go down to the local truck stop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 6:51*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/21/2010 7:25 PM, Steven L. wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it has
to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved to a
hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

I second the sink bath idea. *It's just a couple days.. * jeeeezzeee......

I can't believe you're prescribing medical advice. Are you a doctor?
If someone didn't take a shower for 36 hours they'd die. It's a well
known fact. If the OP goes just 24 hours without a shower he could be
maimed for life...or a bit grungy, but either way it's very bad.

I'd buy a back-up house and sell it after the grout dried.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 21, 7:25*pm, "Steven L." wrote:

snip

*I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

You may have a health problem or an obsession that needs professional
help. Make an appointment soon.

If you had ever had military service you would have learned that
skipping a shower or two is not at all life threatening. Just suck it
up, exude all the pheromones you can and grout the necessary seams.
Its the manly thing to do.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 8:25*pm, "Steven L." wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. *But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. *That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. *I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? *It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Yeah, its called stop being stupid and either wash yourself with
and washcloth at your kitchen sink or see if you can sleep on
a friend or loved one's couch for 36 hours to do your repair
properly...

How on earth do you think immobile patients in a hospital
are kept clean ? Washcloths and a basin... It seems you
have very little imagination and require normal facilities
available to you in order to function...

I guess you have never been caught in a snowstorm at
your office and had to camp out for a day or two until
the roads were opened and you could return home...

Keeping a go-bag of "roughing it" supplies with you
if you are in an area which can experience wild
weather helps out quite a bit... Besides you never
know when you will need to go somewhere fancy
after work from time to time and having a bag
with a shaving kit, washcloth and some soap
in it available to you could save you the time
of having to go home, shower and change into
something else...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2010 1:29 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 22, 6:51 am, Steve wrote:
On 11/21/2010 7:25 PM, Steven L. wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it has
to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved to a
hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

I second the sink bath idea. It's just a couple days.. jeeeezzeee.....

I can't believe you're prescribing medical advice. Are you a doctor?
If someone didn't take a shower for 36 hours they'd die. It's a well
known fact. If the OP goes just 24 hours without a shower he could be
maimed for life...or a bit grungy, but either way it's very bad.

I'd buy a back-up house and sell it after the grout dried.

Backup house. I can't believe i didn't think of that. You're a wizard, R.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 6:51 am, Steve wrote:
[...]

For Continuity-Of-Operations (COOP) use, owning your own off-site backup
location is too expensive. Most COOP plans rely on commercial or agency
shared sites and redundancy. So a relative with a spare room, or a
hotel, are called for.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 8:25*pm, "Steven L." wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. *But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. *That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. *I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? *It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

garden hose in basement over floor drain, put plastic sheet around
area for added comfort.

showering in a big open room is COLD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Steven L." wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Yer jokin', right? If you can't live without a shower for 36 hrs, you
should just shoot yourself now.

I work out on an elliptical trainer every day, and I do get pretty ripe.

-- Steven L.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2010 2:32 PM, Steven L. wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Steven L." wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above

the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Yer jokin', right? If you can't live without a shower for 36 hrs, you
should just shoot yourself now.

I work out on an elliptical trainer every day, and I do get pretty ripe.

You do it camping style, with a bucket or the kitchen sink, and a sponge
and a washcloth. Not like you are turning the house water, or the water
heater off, after all. It takes a little longer, so you have to get up a
little earlier, but for the 2-3 days involved, not a big deal for most
people.

Of course, if a SWMBO is involved, they may wanna go visit mother for a
few days.

And if you are remodeling the bathroom, I really think you can skip the
elliptical for a few days with no risk to your training routine. Wiping
that grout and a fast walk around the block should add up to about the same.

--
aem sends...